Chapter 29

I sighed and began explaining everything to Ashton, he just nodded, holding any questions he could have to the end.

"So, it had nothing to do with me?"
"No, I just didn't want the assholes to make your school life hell."

At first, Ashton was slightly annoyed that I didn't just tell him but then he was really nice about the whole thing and by halfway through lunch, we were back to ourselves.

"Do you wanna come round tonight?"
"I would love to! But I can't.. Luke's coming over."
"What the hell, Gemma?! Why would you invite him over?!"
"It's this politics assignment. We could walk home together though? Luke can just meet me at mine later."
"Sounds good." He smiled.

The only problem with walking home with Ashton was that I had to find a way to break it to Luke that I wasn't following his instructions this time.

"Okay, well i'm gonna go find Luke now and let him know the slight change of plans.."
"Do you want me to come with? I mean, I'm not tough but I am a senior so..?"
"It's okay, I'll be fine, thanks anyway." I smiled.
"I'll meet you at the front gates, okay?" I nodded and he pulled me in for a hug before I left to go and find Luke.

It's weird, I thought it would be hard to find Luke considering I'm usually trying to avoid him and know absolutely nothing about where he likes to hang out or what he does in his free time but I happened to find him in the north corridor where his locker was, but he wasn't with Michael.

"We need to talk.." I mumbled.
"Excuse me?"
"We need to talk." I replied more sternly.

"Since when do you approach me?"
"I'm not getting a ride toda-"
"What?" He laughed.
"I'm walking home."
"I'll walk too-"
"No."
"Did you just say no to me?" He scoffed.

"Y-yeah I think I did.." I mumbled in complete shock of what I did, before simply.. walking away.

---------

a/n - extrememly short chapter sorry, but chapter 31 is kinda long so that makes up for it I guess😬
please don't hate me!