Chapter 41

"No."
"What?" He asked, sounding offended and taking a step closer to me as I attempted to take a step backwards but my back hit the locker.

"You're not the boss of me."
He laughed.
"I'm older than you, respect your elders, Gemma."
"You can't tell me what to do."
"Change the shirt or we're over-"
"Dylan no-"
"Change the fucking shirt."

My back was pushed against the lockers and Dylan was inches from my face.
"Dylan, it's just a shirt."
"It's not about the shirt, you're supposed to do what I say."

Dylan grabbed my forearm with force and I winced slightly, he pulled me off the lockers.
"One chance, do what I say and change."
"No, Dylan."
"We're over." He replied sourly and pushed me back against the lockers.

Next thing I knew Luke came running over and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt.
"You touch her one more time like that, you're dead. I don't give a fuck if we're related, I will end you. Do you understand me?" He yelled harshly.
Dylan scoffed and Luke pushed him hard against the lockers beside me.
"Do. You. Understand."
Dylan nods vigorously and Luke releases him and he basically runs down the corridor.
"Jesus Gemma, I told you you deserve better than that shithole." He said softly before walking away like nothing happened.

--
I didn't see Luke, or Dylan for that matter, for the rest of the day.
I didn't tell Ashton what happened, I didn't tell Michael, I didn't tell Kate and I didn't tell Justin.

I spent that night sitting in my bedroom thinking over the past events, I was pulled from thought when my phone buzzed.

Dylan: I'm sorry for the way I acted.

(Yes, I removed the heart from his name because I'm such a badass (!) )

Dylan: I was acting like a piece of shit, you deserve better.
-
Did Luke make you say this? Is the apology just forced so he won't hurt you?
-
Dylan: it's all from my heart.
-
Dylan: No, Luke's totally forcing me in to this crap.

I didn't reply after that, I merely turned my phone off and went to sleep.
--
I woke up and turned my phone on and was happy, but also slightly sad/embarrassed, that I had no new messages from anyone at all.

I decided to wear a different Good Charlotte t-shirt to school today, just to really piss Dylan off.

I decided I would walk to school today to clear my head slightly as everything was just happening all at once so I sent Ashton a quick text and then left my house.

When I arrived to school, I had walked so slowly that I literally had to go straight to class.
Just as I arrived at my Politics class, the second bell sounded informing the teachers that anyone arriving after the bell was marked as late.

"Just in time, Gemma." My teacher smiled at me as I took my seat at my table.
To my surprise, Luke was actually already there.

I had completely forgotten how irritating Courtney always was towards me until she began kicking my shins under the desk.

"Courtney, do you really have to do that?" I complained.
"What's your problem?"
"You are, do you really have to kick me?"
"I'm just swinging my legs under the desk, yours are just in my way."
I let out an annoyed groan.

"Grow up, Courtney." Luke spoke up.
"Excuse me?" She scoffed.
"You're acting like a child."
"Oh, I'm the child?! Gemma can't even fight her own battles, she's getting you to."

"I don't need Luke to fight my battles! I didn't ask him to butt in-"
"GEMMA!"

Just my luck.

Everyone argues and as soon as I open my fat mouth, the teacher catches me and I get the last thing I needed.
"Detention. After school. Today."
"Actually miss," Luke spoke up, "It was my fault."
"Then you can join her."