Chapter 47

I woke up in an incredibly comfortable yet unfamiliar bed with a pounding headache.
My parents were going to freak.

I was about to text them and let them know that I was still, oh I don't know, alive, seeing as I had no missed calls from them.

I looked at my recently sent text message to my dad and I had told him I was spending the night at Luke's.

I don't remember sending the text and I certainly don't remember saying I would stay.
Truth be told, I don't remember anything after we started drinking.

I got out of the bed and began walking around the small apartment, I found the kitchen and rummaged through his cupboards to find coffee.

I didn't care if he got annoyed, I had a hangover- I have an incredibly low alcohol tolerance and it doesn't take a lot for me to get pissed, I wanted a cup of coffee, so no matter what I had to go through I was going to get a mother fucking cup of coffee.

I had just poured the milk into my mug when I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist from behind. I recognised the familiar scent from his jacket, it was Luke.

"Hey babe." He said, and kissed me on the cheek causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach.

"Wha-babe?" I removed his arms from around my waist and turned to face him.
"Are you okay?" He asked, placing his hands on my hips and pulling me in to his chest.

I pushed him back.
"No I'm not. What the fuck is going on here?"
"Are you serious, Gemma?"
I nodded.
"You don't remember anything from last night?"
"I remember you handing me another few beers and that's it."

He sighed and sat down on the counter and put his head in his hands.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck."
"Luke whatever happened couldn't of been that bad."
"How could I have been so stupid." He mumbled against his hands.
"What happened?"
"I'm such an idiot."
"Are you gonna answer me?"
"How could I have not realised you were drunk."
"Luke-"
"We're dating, Gemma."

"Wait- What?"
He didn't respond, he just sat on the counter silent with his head in his hands.
"How did that happen?"
"Last night." He mumbled, still not lifting his head from his hands.

"What happened?"
"I told you everything, Gemma."
"I know, I reme-"
"No. Not just my isolation. I mean everything. I told you about Dylan, Michael, Calum. Everything."
I stayed silent.

"I told you about my feelings. I had a new found confidence last night and I got my feelings out. And you can't even remember."
"Well.. Can you tell me again?"
"No, I-I don't.. I don't feel like it right now." He replied, lifting his head out of his hands for once.

"I don't wanna feel stupid again."
I walked over to him so I was standing in front of him while he remained on the counter and I placed my hand on his knee.
"Luke it's okay, you opened up once, you can do it again, right? I mean, it's the same person. Except this time I'll probably remember."
He laughed slightly before jumping down off of the counter so he was inches away from me.

"I like you, Gemma. I like you a lot."

--------
a/n MY SLFL CONCERT IS TONIGHT AND I MET LUKE AND CALUM YESTERDAY AND MICHAEL WAVED AT ME AND LUKE SIGNED MY PHONE IN PERMANENT MARKER