Chapter 33

I didn't go after Luke, I wanted to but something inside me just told me not to.
I was acting way too confident around Luke in school because I was used to the nice Luke for a while and that would only result in me getting hurt.

*skipping the rest of the week because it'll all just be irrelevant fillers*

-----

Considering Luke told me to stay out of his life, he was around me a lot.
Not for good reasons.

He's stopped hitting me but he continuously shoves me hard against walls and into lockers and calls me names.
It still surprises me how he manages to only do this when I'm alone, so Kate still has no clue and I don't intend to tell her.

I got home from school and changed out of my jeans and into my sweats before heading to Kate's.
I honestly didn't care what I looked like, the only senior that I know is Ashton and we'd probably be in Kate's room all night anyway.

-----
"Hey, Gemma." Justin smiled as he stepped aside to let me in.
"Hey, Justin. Where's Kate?" I smiled.
"She's in her room. Please try and keep her there!"
"No problem." I laughed slightly before heading up to Kate's room.

Kate and I began studying immediately, we were pleasantly surprised at how easy tonight was going to be.
And then the music started..

We found ourselves trying to read things from the textbook and ending up singing along to whatever song Justin was blasting at that time.

Kate eventually decided she was too tired to do anymore and I couldn't blame her, it was pretty late and the music was giving me a headache and I'm not the one who was trying to study through it all.

She set up a mattress on the floor for me to spend the night and we managed to have our eyes closed for all of five minutes before we both groaned and shoved our pillows over our faces. Justin had turned the music up louder.

"Do you want me to go tell him to turn it down?" I shouted over the music to Kate.
"Do you mind?" She shouted back.
"No, it's fine."

I came downstairs and pushes my way through the sea of people in the hall and kitchen before spotting Justin out the back.

The music wasn't as loud outside as it was inside so thankfully I didn't have to shout.
"Hey Gem!" He smiled, surprisingly not drunk- a tiny bit tipsy maybe, but he still seemed in control.
"Hey Justin. Listen, Kate and I are getting a headache and trying to sleep, would you mind turning the music down a bit please?"
"Sure, no problem." He replied before going inside and a few seconds later, the volume had decreased.

I stayed outside for a while, there were a few couples outside talking quietly and a small number of people dancing to the music that was almost inaudible outside.

It was freezing, but I preferred the cold over the heat of the inside of the house.

I sat down on the grass and just sat daydreaming and looking around at the different types of people here, I was pulled out of my daze when someone's leather jacket was placed over my shoulders.

----
a/n- sorry this sucks, I literally wrote both chapters yesterday while also trying to write and learn a speech for school