Chapter 17

Gemma's PoV

I did literally nothing all Sunday.
I studied.
Despite the fact that I don't have any exams for months.
My parents did get home on Sunday night so they were able to give me a lift to school considering ashton and I didn't seem to be on speaking terms.

My first class was double science, nothing usually happens in science.
The only thing that has ever happened in science worth mentioning was today when we got a new girl who sat in the empty seat beside me.

Her name's Kate.
She seems really nice..
She probably doesn't know what a social outcast she'll become if she chooses to be my friend but I think I'll save that information for some other time.

--
Meeting Kate was literally the highlight of my day. She is one of the nicest people I know and she actually does want to hang out with me.

--
*skipping a week because it'll just all be fillers*

I've only been friends with Kate for a week but I love her, she's like a female version of Ashton which is perfect considering I still haven't spoken to him.

I haven't seen Calum lately which is good because that means I shouldn't be annoying luke which means I stay with minimum bruising. Luke's hit me a few times this week, but not near Kate and not hard enough to leave a bruise yet.
Although, every time I see michael, he flashes me a sympathetic smile..

"Wait! Let me guess which stop we get off at!" Kate shouted when we were on the bus heading to my house.
"This one!" She said confidently.
I laughed, "actually it's the next one."
"Close enough" she replied, joining in my laughter.

We arrived at my house and did the usual, watched TV and then just talked about anything that had happened today.

"You wanna do something tomorrow night?" Kate asked.
"What?"
"Well, tomorrow is a staff training day and it's a half day so do you wanna do something that night?"
"Sure," I smiled, "what did you have in mind?"

"I'm not sure, I don't wanna do something that everyone's done a billion times before." She sighed.
"Hey! Why don't we go to a baseball game? I bet my dad can get us tickets even though it's such short notice!"
"That's perfect! I've never been to a baseball game before!" Kate smiled.

I headed into the kitchen straight away with Kate to ask my dad about the tickets.
"Daaaaaad!" I called.
"Hey sweetie, Hi Kate." He replied.
"Hi, Mr Carter." Kate smiled.
Kate seems to really get along with my parents.

"Dad, would you be able to get Kate and I tickets to tomorrow night's baseball game?"
My dad's best friend Jerry happens to be one of those really annoying guys outside games and concerts trying to sell you tickets, but in times like these, he comes in handy.

--
"No no no nooo!" Kate shouted, looking out my bedroom window.
"What's wrong?"
"My brother's here."
"That's great!"
"That I have to leave?" She asked, sounding slightly offended.
"No, your brother's h-"
"DON'T SAY IT, GEM"
"shut up! He's hot."
She slapped my arm and I began running downstairs to get the door.