Chapter 20

Luke's PoV

I don't particularly like working. I work because I live in an apartment alone and need to keep up my rents, but I hate the work part.

The only good thing about my job is that I work with Calum so I can see him on my breaks.
I don't feel like myself when I work, mainly because of the employee rules.
The employee rules then influence the uniform I have to wear.

They make me wear a cap or snapback thing, although everyone does.
I have to take out my piercing.
Because of my tattoos, I have to wear a long sleeve version of the uniform t-shirt. But my name tag? Instead of leaving it, 'Luke', they insisted it be my full name, 'Lucas' something about it being more family friendly ?

I've had to leave school early to work today because it's a big game or something. I've been working since lunch and don't finish until the first few minutes of the game. Nobody buys programmes anyway.

"Lucas."
I groaned.
"Yes, Timothy."
Unfortunately, Timothy is my boss.

"You're wearing sunglasses."
"Yes, Timothy. I can see that."
"They're not regulation."
"They're just sunglasses."
"Lucas, take them off."
"Oh come on! The sun is blinding out there and my shift is almost over anyway! It won't make a difference."

Thankfully, after further persuasion, Timothy agreed to let me keep the sunglasses on.

People started to load in to the stadium pretty quickly, but time still wouldn't move any quicker..
Luckily for me, my shift will end early if I sell all the programmes.. I only have four left anyway so that shouldn't be too bad.

-----
a/n short chapter because it's in luke's pov