Chapter 9

My next class was English.
I found it hard to concentrate, partly because I find English extremely boring.. and partly because it was almost time to go home, and I couldn't wait.

We were practicing essay writing, I was halfway through my fourth paragraph when there was a knock at the door.
It was Luke.

"Could Gemma Carter go speak to Mr Browne please? Like.. Now."
And then he left.
Mr Browne is my history teacher, and I couldn't even begin to imagine what he wanted to speak to me about.

My English teacher excused me from class immediately.
As I reached the end of the hallway, I turned the corner and Luke was standing in front of me. I began to walk past him when he grabbed my elbow and dragged me back to him.

"Where are you going?"
"To see Mr Browne?" I replied.
"He doesn't actually want to see you."
"Then why did you get me out of class?"
"We need to talk. After school outside the art department. Don't be late." He stated, before walking away.

With that being said, I headed back to class too.

--

The last class flew by, and that was the last thing I wanted. I didn't want to talk to Luke, especially after school out the back of a building that nobody goes to. God only knows what'll happen..
The one thing I do know, when Luke wants to talk to me- it's never a good thing.

I walked round to the back of the building and there he was, leaning up against the wall.
"You're late."
"What? The bell rang like two minutes ago!"
"Shut up, I said don't be late!"
"Sorry.." I mumbled.

I just awkwardly stood there waiting for him to speak..
But he didn't.

"what do you want?"
"Pretty keen to get to the point." He laughed.
"Yeah, actually I am," I paused.
"Luke, what's this about?"
I was beginning to grow even more impatient.

"Calum."
"W-What about him?"
"You need to stay away from him."
"What?" I laughed.
"You heard me loud and clear."
I laughed again at his response.

"Seriously, Calum doesn't know any better. Don't text him, don't call him, don't meet up with him, don't even talk to him."
"Oh please, I've only talked to him once, and you made it pretty clear then that you didn't want me anywhere near him."
"Twice." He mumbled.

"You saw that?"
"Yeah I did.." He trailed off.
"Just stay away from him, Gemma, yeah?"
"And if I don't?" I replied, without even thinking.

It wasn't a slap this time, and it wasn't my face.
It was a punch, and it was to my stomach, which caused me to keel over as he began to walk away.

I leaned against the wall for a few minutes to catch my breath before walking to the bus stop.

I arrived home and my dad was in the house.
"Gemma, dear! Is that you?" He called from the kitchen.
"Yeah, it's me." I replied as I entered the kitchen.
"How was school?" He smiled.
"Same as usual- hey, did you actually go to work today?"
"Yeah.. I- I took a half day."

My dad is normally never home before me. It's unusual he is even home before six let alone home at lunchtime.

------------------

a/n so there's my three chapters for this week, I think they're slightly early but who cares