Chapter 28

The next day Kate had texted me to tell me she was coming in, which was great because yesterday was hell without her and I got myself into a really bad situation with Luke and if she was there, I probably wouldn't of even been in the north corridor.

I walked to school and met Kate outside the front gate.
"Hey," I smiled.
She hit the side of my arm.
"What was that for?!" I groaned.
"For not telling me about that ashton kid."
"What do you mean?"
"He told Justin and Justin told me."
"Oh.. That ashton." I replied sarcastically.

I laughed and began walking on in to school.
"Gem!" She called, holding my elbow and pulling me back,
"You need to talk to him!"
"I do not!"
"You need to at least give him an explanation as to why you were avoiding him! It's been like a month!"

She was right, I was sort of wondering why she didn't ask me to tell her why I was avoiding him, but at the same time I was thankful she didn't try to get involved in it.

I signed, "Fine. I'll talk to him next time I see him."
"Good, I'm glad you feel that way..
Because I told Justin to tell him to meet you by your locker at lunch." She nervously laughed and began walking away.

"Wha- Kate! No! I'm not ready yet! Lunch?! Really?!"

--

The class I had before lunch was Politics, and I was pretty nervous.. nervous as to which Luke I was going to experience.

I sat down at my table alone as we were doing our projects and Courtney had taken her partner elsewhere.

I began the assignment alone as Luke dragged himself in to the classroom ten minutes late.

"What're you doing?"
"The assignment, Luke."
"Why?"
"What do you mean, 'Why?' ?"
"We'll just work on it tonight at your place. See you at the gate and actually be on time."

I wasn't entirely sure if that was nice Luke or normal Luke, it wasn't a long enough conversation to be able to decide, mostly because after he told me not to be late, he just didn't talk to me, didn't look at me and certainly didn't help with the assignment at all for the rest of class.

I went to put my books in my locker and had completely forgotten that I was supposed to talk to Ashton until I saw him leaning up against the locker that was beside mine.

"Hey," Ashton smiled, I hadn't seen that smile in so long.
"Hey, so.. I think I have some explaining to do."
"I think you do.." Ashton laughed slightly.

We walked together to the back of the art department building where I knew nobody would be.
Ashton and I then planted ourselves down against the wall.

-------
a/n- hey guys thank you for reading, please vote or comment or message me or whatever so I know you actually like this!
Nobody does any of those things^ so I constantly feel like you hate this 😬