Chapter 43

"Hey sweetie- oh my god you're soaked!" My mother exclaimed as I entered the house.

"Why are you so late and why are you drenched?" She asked, sounding concerned.
"I got detention and I'm wet because it was raining, mum."

She took Luke's soaking jacket off me.
"Honey go take the rest of your wet clothes off and I'll throw them in the dryer."

I did as she asked and got in to my pyjamas before entering the kitchen.
"Where's dad?"
"He's still in work." She replied bluntly.
"What's for din-"
"SHIT! That reminds me! We're having dinner with one of my clients tonight." She interrupted.
"We?"
"Yes, Gemma. We. As in, you, your father and me. Go shower and change please."
"I've never been more sorry that I brought up dinner before." I mumbled before leaving to get a shower.

When I got my shower I got ready immediately.
Sometimes I tend to be that person who likes to be ready early and then sit and wait until it's time to leave, but that doesn't make me organised.

Mum had babbled on from outside the bathroom door about how fancy this dinner was going to be so I decided to wear the dress I wore on my first date with Dylan.

"Ready." I called as I stood by the front door waiting for my mum.
"Honey you'll freeze! Get a jacket please."

I half walked half jogged to the dryer and decided just to wear Luke's jacket over my dress because why not.

We got into the car and began driving to wherever it was we were going.
"Mum, where exactly is it we're going?"
"We're having dinner with one of my clients and his family at their house."
"And dad?"
"Your father is meeting us there from work."'

We drove in silence for about fifteen minutes before my mother spoke up again.
"Gemma you need to listen to me, alright?"
"Yeah."
"I cannot stress enough how important this is for me! You have to be on your best behaviour and if I ask you to do something you damn well do it the first time I ask you, do you understand me?"
"Yes, mum." I groaned.

"And they have children, okay? You have to be nice to them, make them feel like they could be your friend. Don't get too quiet and don't start bossing them around because I know that you tend to get quite moody around everyone especially when it's-"
"MUM! BE NICE I GET IT."

We turned down a driveway and drove up to a massive white house.
"Woah! These people must be loaded!" I exclaimed.
"They are. That's why this deal needs to be made."

I got out of the car to walk to the front door, barely being able to walk in the wedges my mother made me wear.
"Stand up straight, Gemma."
"If I do I'll probably face plant the ground." I mumbled under my breath as my mother knocked the front door.

----
a/n - kind of a filler sorry guys.
Thank you so much for 1.8K❤️
This chapter is boring but big stuff coming up (: