Chapter 26

After the teacher explained the assignment, she made it perfectly clear that this was worth half of our final grade.

I was walking down the hall after class to head to math when Luke grabbed my forearm and pulled me back towards him.

I closed my eyes and scrunched up my nose when I was brought to his face.
"What are you doing?"
"Just hit me already and get it over with."
"I'm not going to hit you."
"Push then! Shove! Punch! Whatever, just do it already."
"Gemma," he said softly, I opened my eyes, looking directly into his blue eyes,
"I'm not going to hurt you."

"We need to start this project," he began.
"I'm coming to yours after school, calum will give us a ride. Meet me outside the main gate."

I couldn't concentrate in math, not that I usually do, but mainly because I was worried about this afternoon with Luke.

My parents aren't home.
I pushed him.
I burst out at him and I had no clue how he was going to react.

For the rest of the day, Luke and Michael didn't come anywhere near me, I wasn't sure whether it was because I burst out at Luke, or if it was because he didn't want things to be more awkward than they were already going to be at mine or if he wanted me to let my guard down..

I was waiting at the front of the school for Luke, who I knew was going to be late, when Calum approached me.

"Back to brown I see." He laughed.
"Yeah, I embarrassed myself as blonde so I figured I'd go back to myself."
"I liked the old you better anyway." He smiled.
"Thanks, Calum." I replied, returning the smile.

"So, how did it go on Saturday? - IF THATS NOT TOO PERSONAL!"
"It's okay," I laughed, "it didn't go at all."
"Really? If I'm being honest, I don't know if he would be your type anyway."
"I dunno-"
I was interrupted by Luke tackling Calum into a hug.

"DUDE I HAVENT SEEN YOU IN FOREVER!" Luke exclaimed.
"Luke, you saw me on Friday." Calum laughed and Luke joined him.

It was the first time I had ever heard Luke properly laugh, and his laugh did not exactly match his appearance, as stereotypical as that is. He looked genuinely happy for once.

"Cal, can you drop Gemma and I to her's?"
"Yeah no problem. Gemma, I thought you said Saturday didn't work out?"
"Yeah.. It didn't?"

"We have to do this project thing." Luke groaned.
"That makes more sense." Calum added.

I sat in the back while Luke sat in the passenger seat.
I was silent for the entire ride, I didn't have to tell Luke my address because he has been to my house before, when Michael had stayed the night.
Luke and Calum were blasting songs by Good Charlotte and singing at the top of their voices, there were good, not going to lie.. although the ride could not of been more awkward.