Chapter 18

I ran downstairs to open the door to see the tall boy with jet black hair.
"Justin! Hey!"
"Hey, Gemma. How's it goin'?"
"Good, good. You wanna come in?"
"Erm, I dunno, I told my mate to meet me outside your driveway.. I'm dropping Kate home then going out with him."
"Kate's not ready yet." I blurted.
"Oh.. Okay then, sure." He smiled.

I sent Kate a text before she could come downstairs and take her brother with her.

5 minutes! That's all I ask! PLEASE KATE HES SO HOT! x

Thankfully, she replied quickly.

K: you're lucky I love you, gem x

Justin and I talked about school mostly, and how he was doing with football. I was actually loving getting to hear all about him. Then his phone beeped.

"Oh.. Er, my mate's outside." he began, before standing up and walking to the bottom of the stairs.
"Kate! We need to go!" He yelled.
"Why doesn't your friend come in for a bit?" I replied without thinking.
"That's sweet, but we really should go anyway before it gets dark."

Obviously I was a bit disappointed that Justin and Kate had to go but I was really excited for seeing the baseball game.

--
"GEMMA, YOURE GOING TO BE LATE AND THEN YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO GO TO THIS SPORTING EVENT YOUR FATHER SAID YOU COULD GO TO!" My mother yelled in one breath.

I groaned and got up out of the warmth.
I wore the clothes that I wore when I was going out with Ashton and decided to tie my brown hair up.
I didn't need make-up today because I didn't have any bruises on my face.

I came downstairs to find my dad holding the tickets in his hand. I immediately hugged him.
"Thank you thank you thank you!"
"Just be careful honey, okay?"
"Okay." I smiled and hugged him one more time before going to get my bag.

"Gemma, honey?"
"Yeah?"
"Eat something."
"Not hungry but thanks!"
"It wasn't an option. It was an instruction."

I'm not anorexic or anything, I'm just rarely hungry in the mornings.

My dad dropped me to school and I met Kate outside.

"Hey." Kate smiled.
"Hey."
"Guess what!"
"Good or bad?"
"Kinda bad in our opinion"
I sighed.
"What happened?"
"Courtney dyed her hair.."
"Kate," I laughed, "how is that bad for us?"

It has only been a week but I've gotten super close with Kate and she has already experienced why I don't like Courtney and thankfully she felt the same way.

"It's the same as yours."
It seems like small and stupid problem but i would never hear the end of it from Courtney and all her little friends.

"I was actually going to ask you to dye my hair tonight anyway."
"Why?"
"Well I'm old enough to make a decision like this for myself and I wanna try it, if it doesn't work, we can try everything to get it back to normal."

Kate agreed to dye my hair before the game, providing I actually get my parents' permission.

"Wait.. From brown to..?"
"Blonde."

---------
a/n - kinda catching up with myself since I haven't been writing as much so I'm gonna have to take it back to two updates a week starting next Monday.