Chapter 50

"Are you serious? Luke is your new friend that is being trusted to drive us in a motorised vehicle to school?"
"Okay yes, Luke and I are friends now." I smiled.
"Did you hit your head or something? He's a dick."
"Correction, was. Ashton, you've got to trust me on this."

He let out a sigh of defeat and then made eye contact with me.
"Fine. But if he does one inappropriate or rude thing to you, it's done, okay?"
"Okay. Now let's go." I smiled, grabbing Ashton's hand and dragging him outside to Luke's car.

I came to the passenger door of Luke's car and he reached across to push it open for me.
Ashton got in the back, without saying a single word.
"Hey." Luke smiled.
"Hi."

"How's it going, Ashton?" Luke asked, clearly making an effort.
"I've been better." He mumbled.

The rest of the journey consisted of Luke and I singing off-key to every song that came on the radio that we knew the words to and Ashton sitting in silence.

When we arrived to school, Luke gave me a hug (as a friend of course, seeing as Ashton couldn't know) and then I left to go to my first class early, he went to find Michael and Ashton went to find Justin.

I was slightly thankful that Kate was sick today, so hopefully I can spend my time getting Ashton aboard the friendship and can worry about her afterwards.

It was the middle third period and I was on my way back from the bathroom when a hand took my wrist and pulled me into the empty classroom beside the toilets.

"Luke, what're you-"
He silenced me by connecting our lips and obviously I kissed him back.
"Luke. Why? What's wrong?" I asked between kisses.

"This is so hard." He stated, breaking the kiss. His hands dropping to around my waist and mine positioned around his neck.
"What is?"
"Being around you and resisting the temptation to do that."
I laughed at his comment.
"I can't pretend not to like you like this, Gemma."
"It won't be for long."
"Promise?"
"Promise."

I placed another kiss on his lips before leaving the classroom and heading back to class.

It came to lunchtime and I had arranged to meet Ashton at my locker.
"Hey." I smiled.
"Let's eat." He replied before taking my hand and attempting to pull me to our usual spot but I refused to move.

"Actually, I figured we could eat in the canteen today."
"You hate the canteen."
"Yeah but sometimes change is good, right?"
"I don't like change." I heard him mumble under his breath, creating a knot in my stomach..

When we entered the canteen I began walking over to where Luke usually sits.
"Woah, Gemma. Where are you going?"
"To sit with Luke and Michael." I smiled.
"Why?"
"Why not?"
"Um.. Because they've been rude and abusive to you?"
"Yeah but they're different now."

He scoffed before reluctantly following me to their table.
I sat down in the seat beside Luke, Michael was opposite us and Ashton took the empty seat beside him.

Michael seemed slightly uncomfortable with Ashton and I sitting with them at first but after about ten or fifteen minutes he seemed to be okay with it which was weight of my shoulders, and probably Luke's too.

Ashton, Luke and Michael were all in deep conversation about something, I wasn't paying attention as I was 'discretely' on my phone under the table.

I froze when Luke's hand rested on my thigh.
I looked at his hand, and then up at him and he was continuing his conversation as if nothing happened. If one of the boys were to see this I would be screwed, there's literally no cover up for it.

I could feel my face going redder by the second, that's when Ashton spoke up.
"Gemma, are you okay?"
"Y-Yeah. I'm.. Im fine, why?"
"Your as red as my hair." Michael interrupted.
"Yeah, and you seem kinda nervous." Ashton added, chuckling slightly.

"No.. I-er I'm.." I took one more look at Luke's hand resting on my thigh and and couldn't take it anymore.

I got up from the table and left, hearing Luke quickly follow behind.

I waited at the side of the door to the canteen since I knew he was following me, when he came out the door I immediately grabbed his wrist and dragged him to the back of the art department where I knew no one would be.

"What the fuck was that, Hemmings?"
"What?" He smiled innocently.
"Don't what me."
"I honesty have no clue what you're annoyed at."
"Keep your hands to yourself!"
"But you're my girlfriend." He replied, pulling me in closer to him by the waist.

"Yeah.. But they don't know that."
He sighed.
"Can't we tell them yet?"
"No, Luke.."
"You said it wouldn't be for long!" He moaned.

"And it won't be, okay? Michael didn't seem to have any problems and I will try as much as I can tonight to convince Ashton, alright?"
Luke huffed slightly and then the bell signifying the end of lunch rang.

He was about to walk away when I stopped him.
"One more thing, Luke." I smiled.
"What?" He asked, puckering his lips for me to kiss him.
I placed my hand over his lips.
"We are not becoming that PDA couple that everyone hates." I smiled.

Luke and I then went our separate ways, he was in Music and I was in History.

I took my usual seat at the back beside Michael and got out my textbook.

The teacher was rambling on about some battle, I'm not sure which one to be honest. And I have no clue why we're being told about it.. I don't usually pay much attention in History anyway..

I was dazing out the window when Michael whispered in my ear,
"So how long have you and Luke been an item?"

quick a/n-
I just want to say a massive thank you to all the active readers that vote, comment and are behind me supporting me the whole way, ily x
And another massive thank you for 2.4k reads!!