Chapter 24

We had texted further and arranged that Costa will be the place we meet in, because we agreed that we were both sick of Starbucks.

I was walking through town when I saw calum, I don't know what was running through my head at the time, but I approached him.
"Hey! You're the girl I put the kiss cam on last night, right?" He exclaimed.
"That was you?!"

After I said that, I realised it made sense since he had told me he worked on the screen.

"Guilty as charged."
"That was so not funny! I didn't even know that guy!"
"You kissed like you did.." He laughed.
"You watched? You're such a creep!!" I laughed as well.
"In my defence, everyone watched.. It was on the screen."
"Shut up!"

We both laughed for a bit.
"I'm Calum."
"I know, it's me? Gemma." I replied without thinking.
"Gemma? As in, 'pretty name for a pretty face' Gemma? As in, 'girl that Luke has a problem with for no apparent reason' Gem-"
"Yes, Calum." I laughed
"I haven't seen you in ages!! What happened? Not in a bad way!"

"I wanted to try something new," I smiled, "but nothing's permanent."
"That's good, because I really love your old style." He flashed me a smile and I returned it.
"So, where are you off to?"
"To meet the guy I kissed last night.." I mumbled.
"SERIOUS?"
"Yeah?"
He laughed slightly before pulling me in for a hug,
"Well, good luck, Gemma. I'll maybe see you around for once, hopefully."

The whole time I was walking to Costa, I couldn't stop thinking about what calum thought was so funny about me meeting the guy I kissed..

It was almost noon, I was almost at Costa when my phone beeped.

L: I just got here (:

I'll be there in like less than a minute

L: I'm glad we're actually doing this tbh.

me too :)

It was less than a minute, although I had to stand outside for a bit to calm myself down, I felt like I really liked this guy, which was crazy considering I don't even know him.

I got in through the door and the first thing I did was buy myself a bottle of water, partly because I needed a drink but mainly because I still wasn't calm.

I didn't know what this guy actually looked like, last night he had a hat and sunglasses on so he could literally be anyone.

I'm here

I texted, figuring that then he might approach me.
My eyes scanned the room to see if I could see anyone looking at their phone, a lot of people were.

As I was scanning the room, I felt my breath taken away from me.
My eyes landed on Luke.
Maybe he saw me with Calum.
Maybe he knows the guy.
Maybe he came because I got away clean yesterday.
Or maybe he just came to get a drink.. But Michael wasn't with him, no one was.

It didn't seem right. I didn't want to risk finding out why he was here.

With all the thoughts running through my head, I didn't realise I was staring at him until his eyes met mine.
He saw me.
He smirked at me, like he usually does before he hits me.
I didn't care about the guy right now, I just ran.

I'm sorry, I couldn't do it :(
There was a guy in there that physically bullies me in school and I didn't want to be in the same place as him. He's made my life a living hell and I just couldn't risk it :(

I got almost an instant reply.

L: I understand.