Chapter 27

Luke and I arrived at my house and I went straight to the kitchen and leaned against the countertop as Luke stood in the middle of the kitchen on his phone.

"Do you want a drink or anything?"
He shook his head, still not looking up from his phone.
"Something to eat?"
Same response.

I left Luke in the kitchen and decided to go in to the living room and begin the project.
I was working on it for about 10 minutes before Luke came in.

"Hey, Gemma, where's your parents?"
"Away to see my uncle."
He stayed silent for a bit before speaking again,
"What are you doing?"
"The assignment..?"
"Why?"
"Why?" I repeated.
He nodded.
"Because it's worth half our final grade, genius. That's why."
"But we have weeks."
"You wanted to start it now so I'm starting it now. The quicker we start it, the quicker we finish it and this doesn't have to happen again."

He locked his phone and put it in his pocket before sitting down on the sofa right beside me.

We must've worked on the project together for about thirty five minutes at most before we both couldn't be bothered anymore. To my surprise, Luke was incredibly intelligent.

I had never really been with Luke alone before until now, and he is literally a completely different person and I really do like the nicer Luke.

"What do you wanna do now?" He asked.
"I dunno.." I replied, we both sat in silence for a few minutes.

"Luke.. Can I ask you something?"
"Yeah, sure."
"Your friend Calum.. How did you meet him?"
"We work together."
"D-does he have a.. a.." I trailed off.
"a.. a.." He mimicked, laughing gently.
"A girlfriend. Does Calum have a girlfriend?" I blurted out.
"Calum?" He laughed, "and you?"
I nodded.

He got up and opened the front door, he stood beside it for a few seconds,
"Not gonna happen, babe." He said sourly before slamming the front door behind him.

Well, looks like Luke is back to himself.. Or the other him.. Or- whatever.