Chapter 6

~Sky's P.O.V~

It was now 6th period. Which means lunch.

Me and Nate were sitting at our normal spot, along with his friends. Their names were Michael James and Neil. I admit, they're all pretty cute. But i'd never date them.

"Oh Sky. Forgot to ask. You're not afraid of heights right?" Nate asked.

"Nope! I actually love them. The calm me" I said smiling.

"Dude there's something wrong with your girlfriend if she likes heights" Neil said. He was terrified of almost everything.

"I'm not his girlfriend" I said.

"Yet" James said with a wink. I just laughed.

"It's just one date. We'll see where it goes from there" I said. Nate smiled like an idiot.

The bell then rang for final period. English. I hate english.

~*~

"Hey Sky, wanna walk together?" Nate asked coming up to me.

"Yeah sure. Let me text Zayn" I said.

📲 To: Dad...

Hey Zayn. I'm walking home today with Nate

I didn't bother waiting for a reply. We just started walking.

We were laughing and talking and just enjoying each others company. He was fun to be around.

"Do you want to come over?" Nate asked.

"Sorry I can't I have gymnastics practice today. Every Thursday at 4." I replied.

"Aww okay." He said pouting.

"You can come with if you want. Louis said he'll take me and I don't think he'll mind" I said. The smile grew back on his face.

"Sure!" He said happily.

"Okay, I have to get changed. Come over in 30 minutes" I said. He nodded. He went inside his house and I went over into mine.

"Louis?" I called.

"Yeah Winter" he just loves calling me that.

"Can Nate come with me to gymnastics?" I asked.

"Sure. We leave in about an hour" he said. I nodded.

I went up into my room and took a shower. I put on my white tank top and high waisted black shorts.

Then I grabbed my duffle bag and filled it with a little hand towel, lotion, my gymnastics clothes and a water bottle.

I grabbed my lucky rubber band and put my hair in a high ponytail. Every time I do something, I always have this rubber band on my for good luck.

"Nate's here!" I heard Louis call. I grabbed my bag and phone and headed down stairs. I saw Nate and Louis sitting on the couch watching the telly.

I went and took a seat next to Nate.

There was a long awkward silence.

"So..." I said trying to break it.

"Basketball tryouts are tomorrow" Nate said.

"Oh yeah! That reminds me cheer is tomorrow too!"

"You signed up for cheer?!" Louis asked shocked.

"Yup!" I said popping the 'p' "I want to do something to remember my high school years"

"Hope you make it" Louis said smiling. "Now let's get going. Don't want you to be late"

I grabbed my bag and we headed out the door.

"So how long have you been in gymnastics again?" Louis asked.

"Since I was five. I love it" I said.

"I don't get how you can do that. After watching Final Destination five I felt scared of it" Nate said.

"Oh. You mean the part when Candice flipped of the bars and broke her spine and leg bones completely in half. That was awesome" I said.

"You are one weird child" Nate said with a blank expression.

"I know" I said cheerily.

"You watched that and your not scared that will happen to you?" Louis asked.

"Nope. After what I've been through. Things like that don't scare you really. I'm not scared of death. Everyone has to die sometime" I said.

"Do you do the bars?"

"Yup! Favourite part!" I said. I think that only made Lou and Nate more nervous. "Don't worry. I'm pretty good at it. I'll only get hurt if I loosen my grip to much or the bar breaks. Which has only happened once"

"What?" Louis said.

"I'm kidding. God lighten up. But those seriously are the only two ways I'll get injured with the bars" I said.

After I said that we pulled up in front of the studio. I think Lou was nervous that if I get hurt, it's on his hands because he was the one watching me.

I skipped into the gymnastics studio.

"Hi Mrs. Ryan!" I said as I entered. She was my coach. "This is my... Uncle I guess, Louis. And this is my.. Uh... Friend I guess Nate."

I don't know what to call Nate or Louis. I honestly don't.

"Is it alright if they watch. I promise I won't get distracted" I said.

"Fine. I guess. I want you on the beam first. Then bars. Then practice your performance for the comp." mrs. Ryan said. I nodded.

"C'mon guys" I said and pulled them in.

"Woah. Big studio" Louis said.

"Yup. Now Lou, please put on your hood. Most of these girls here are in love with you. If they see me with you, they'd hate me more than they already do" I said seriously.

"Ugh. Fine." He said and put his hood on. Him and Nate went to I take a seat on the bleachers. I went in he change room and got changed, then came back out.

Our uniform looks kind of like a one piece swim suit. Our colours were black and red. We also get the free sweat suit.

I went up to the bowl to powder my hands then went on the beam. It's actually really easy.

I do a hand stand across. When I reach the edge I do two flips back and land on my feet. Then I run to the edged and do a triple flip off landing on the mat legs together.

I breathe out a sigh of relief. It may be easy to me, but its scary. One wrong move and you can break your neck.

I put on my gloves and powdered my hands one more time. I got on the lower bar and spun around it a few times.

My feet gripped onto it and I moved onto the higher bar. I spun and flipped a couple times on that one then did a double flip off.

I almost didn't stick that landing. Dammit. I went back to redo the bars.

One thing I didn't mention about myself was that I'm a perfectionist. If I didn't do something exactly perfect, I keep doing it over and over again until I get it right.

I finally stuck the landing perfectly on my third try.

Before I got the chance to practice my routine with Mrs. Ryan she called all the girls in.

"Okay guys. The competition is 2 weeks. I want to make sure each and everyone of you has perfected your routine. We start with Abigail." She said. We nodded.

The rest of us went to take a seat while Abby practiced her routine.

~*~

We were now back home. I was tired. Nate stayed for a couple minutes before he left.

"Hey Sky! How was practice" Zayn asked sitting on the couch beside me.

"Tiring." I said. "I'm gonna sleep now. Good night" I went upstairs.

I didn't bother to change, I just plopped down on my bed and fell asleep.