Chapter 25

~Sky's P.O.V~

-next day-

I was getting ready for school now. I already had my shower and I was now getting dressed.

I put on my navy blue jeans and white sweater. I did my make up and put on my UGG boots that Perrie got me.

I grabbed my bag and phone and went downstairs. I think the boys are still asleep.

I ate a bagel with chocolate Philadelphia cream. I then drank some orange juice.

After that I left a note on the fridge and then left for school.

I walked down the street alone. I miss walking with Nate. We would laugh, tell jokes, sometimes randomly sing. He would give me piggybacks. I miss all of that.

But I don't want to see him. Or talk to him. Think about him. Or even hear people talking about him. He is an asshole.

I can't wait until I can drive. I'm planning on getting my learner s permit after I turn 15.

I got to the school and went straight to my locker. This place brings back memories of me and Nate.

I opened my locker and got my books out. I don't know why, but when I close my locker I expect Nate to be standing there.

I didn't even notice I was staring off into space until Moxie snapped her fingers in front of me.

"Hey S. you alright?" She asked.

"Huh? Oh. Yeah. What's up?" I asked.

"Um. There's something I need to tell you." She said hesitantly.

"Okay what is it?"

"Don't tell Charlie I told you. She said not to. But Nate's back. He said him and his family cut the trip short so he could come back for you" she said.

I felt my heart sink to my stomach. I don't want to see him. I think I'd just break down crying. I already feel like crying right now.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and whipped around to see Neil. "Hey. You okay? Did Moxie tell you?" He asked.

I blinked back a couple tears and nodded. But one managed to slip down my cheek. Neil pulled me into a hug.

"I don't want to see him" I said nuzzling my head into his neck.

"I know. It's okay. I won't let you near him" he said.

"I'll just leave you two alone" moxie whispered in my ears.

"Neil can we please just ditch today?" I asked.

"Anything for you" he said . He pulled me out from the hug and kissed me on the forehead. He is such a great friend to have.

I wish I fell for him and not Nate. I wouldn't be so sad if I did.

We walked down the hall and out the back entrance of the school. We walked down the street towards the park.

~Nate's P.O.V~ (earlier that day)

I was back home. Back where I belong. I came back here in the first place to see Sky. I need to apologize, but doing it over the phone won't cut it.

Me and my family arrived sometime this morning. Around 4:30. I wanted to get to school early. I wanted it to be a surprise.

I got dressed wearing dark blue jeans a white t-shirt and my black leather jacket. I put on my white high tops and I was ready.

I'm gonna skip breakfast today. I'm not that hungry.

~*~

It was now around 8:30, this is the time she usually gets to school. I waited in the hallway across her locker.