Chapter 24

~Sky's P.O.V~

The girls left about an hour ago. Now it's just me and my best guy friend Neil. Chilling out watching Fresh Prince Of Belair. You aren't a true 90s kid if you have never watched this show. At least one episode.

"So who do you like?" I asked him. "Doesn't have to be current. Past crush?"

"Well, I did used to like this girl. But I could never date her" he said.

"Who and why?" I asked.

"Do I really have to say it?" He whined.

"You are seriously my best guy friend. You can tell me anything" I said. "Please. You do trust me. Don't you?" I asked.

"Fine." He said. "Iusedtolikeyoubeforeyouandnatestartedtodatebutidontanymore and I don't have a current crush" he said

"All I heard was 'asdfjklbskjxbfk and I don't have a current crush'" I said laughing. "Slow down"

"Okay. Promise. You won't be mad or anything like that?" He asked. I looked at him confused and said I promised.

"I used to like you before you and Nate started dating But I don't anymore" he said. My eyes grew big. Okay, this is official awkward...

"I know. I probably just ruined our friendship and made things awkward but-"

"No. It's alright. At least you had the guts to be honest with me. And it was an old crush. So what ever" I said smiling at him. He smiled back.

"So so you wanna go to the dance with me?.. A-as friends" he said adding on the last part quickly.

"Yea sure." I smiled.

"I'M HERE!" I heard my favourite voice say as she entered the room. "Hey Sky!!" She said and came to hug me.

"Hey... Mom" I said and hugged her back.

"You called me mom! You never call me mom. Why now?" She asked.

"Because. You helped me with so much. Unless you rather me call you Perrie" I said.

"No. I like mom" she said. "And who's this?" She asked looking at Neil.

"This is my best guy friend Neil. Neil this is my adoptive mom Perrie" I said introducing them.

"Did you move on already?" She asked.

"No no no. Best guy friend. We are only friends. We never will be anything more" I said seriously.

"Alright. Now where's your daddy?" She asked seriously. She looked almost worried. I pointed going up and she nodded. Before she left I grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

I gave a 'are you okay' look. She just nodded and put on a fake smile. I looked at her quizzical. She released from my grip and went upstairs.

"I wonder what's wrong with her." I said to myself.

"Anyway, I gotta go. See you tomorrow in school. I'm glad you're coming back" Neil said smiling and gave me a hug. I hugged back. He walked to the front door and left.

I can't get over the fact he used to like me. I find it flattering... But I don't think I would ever date him. He's like the brother I never had. Can you imagine dating your brother? Gross.

I went upstairs to my room. I was walking past Zayn's room and I heard Perrie and him talking about something. I couldn't help but listen. There's obviously something wrong.

I didn't put my ear to the door. I was afraid that the door would open if I pressed against it.

"I don't know for sure. I have to take the test" I heard Perrie say. Not sure about what? Test for what?