Passing notes (septiplier)

Jack and Mark were constantly getting in trouble for passing notes. Everyday Mr. Duncan would catch them and make the one he saw read some of what they had been saying. This would usually lead to the whole class laughing as a 17 year old boy had to say something like;

"Your eyes are like the moon. Dark and mysterious."

Or;

"With you, life feels complete."

Sweet sentiments, but not something you'd want to say out loud to a classroom of peers and a nosy teacher.

Today was different though. There wasn't the same cheerful aura around their note passing. They wouldn't playfully throw the notes when the other wasn't looking. They wouldn't blush as they handed it to each other and waited for their reaction.

No, today they had stern looks and angered expressions. They seemed upset.

"Alright class," Mr. Duncan began, "let us pause once again to hear the loving words of our two favorite heart throbs."

"Mr. Duncan, can we not? We'll stop I promise." Jack ask.

"Why?" Mark snaps. "Why is it a big deal? Why is today different from any other day?"

"Mark please...-"

"No, I'll read them sir. Ah where to start? Here seems good.

Mark: just tell me!

Jack: it's nothing.

Mark: then why don't you just tell me?!

Jack: just drop it already!

Shall I go on Mr. Duncan?"

The teacher stares for a second before clearing his throat. "Umm..."

"I need to go the the restroom." Jack says and stands. He bites his lip and he practically runs for the door. Mark sighs as sits back down as all his fellow classmates look at him with wide, questioning eyes. They had never seen the two fight before. The thought of them not getting along was somewhat ludicrous. They seemed so perfect together.

"Well, um lets get to work shall we?" The teacher says and turns to the white board.

The rest of the period went by relatively normal. Jack never came back though. Half way through his lecture, Mr. Duncan got a note to have his things sent down to the office on account of him going home. Mark didn't look at all surprised.

When class ended, Mark gathered his things and started towards the door. "Wait up!" His classmate Felix called.

"What do you want?" He asks.

"What's going on with you and Jack?"

"Ask him. He's the one that dumped me last night!" Everyone still in the room tried to hide their gasps of surprise.

"What?! Why?!" Felix asks, stunned.

"You think I know? All he said was that he didn't want to hurt me! No explanation! No reasoning! Just a goodbye and that was it! Now if you'll excuse me, I have three more classes to get to today." He snapped and walked out the door. Everyone was a bit surprised by his rage. He was usually so sweet and caring.

Felix, who happened to be a rather close friend of Jack, had a vague idea of what was going on. He didn't like it one bit.

-

"YOU DUMPED HIM?!" Felix screamed into his phone. "WHATEVER HAPPENED TO WE'LL MAKE IT WORK?!"

Jack sighed. "Look Felix, you don't understand."