Demon keeping (septiplier)

DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE STRONGLY RELIGIOUS! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

"SEAN!" I flinched and turned towards the demon. "The boss wants to see you." He grinned.

"What?! No! I've made my quota everyday! There had to be a mistake!"

He unsheathed the flog at his waist and struck me. Ten new scars to mix with the old ones. "SILENCE SLAVE!" He bellowed. "I KNOW NOT WHY LUCIFER WANTS TO SEE YOU! HE REQUESTED YOUR PRESENCE AND I WILL COMPLY, EVEN IF IT MEANS TAKING IN MULTIPLE PIECES!"

I cowered before him but stood slowly. How? How had this happened to me?! It wasn't my fault! I was taken out of my thoughts by the steel tip of a sward pushing into my back. "MOVE!" He said. I picked up my pace and felt the tears sting my eyes. There would be no death if he were to stab me. You can't die if you're already dead. Just suffer. And that's all I do, suffer.

The demon throws me on the ground in front of him and bows before Lucifer. "Your highness." He growls and leaves.

The god of death grinned down at me. "Sean. So nice to see you."

I bow. "Y-you w-wanted to s-see me?" I was shaking if fear. What could he possibly want from me?!

"Yes. I need you to be my messenger boy. I am far to busy to deal with matters as small as the well being of humanity. However, the big man upstairs disagrees. I need you to go and give him this letter." He snapped his finger and a scroll appeared in front of me. I picked it up and looked at him expectantly.

"H-how am I to bring this to God?" I ask.

"Right." He says and snaps his fingers again. Shooting pain erupted from my back. It was as if fire crested swards  were thrust into my shoulder blades. I scream in agony and drop to my knees.

When I finally get some strength back, I look behind me to see wings black as pitch. "Go!" The devil screeched. I flapped my wings and took off to the pearly gates.

When I arrived, a man with dark hair and slanted eyes greets me. "Halt! What brings you here demon?" He asks in a smooth and almost calming voice. If it weren't for the anger in his eyes I would think him friendly.

"I bare a message to Jehovah." I say in the strongest voice I can manage.

"And who sends you?"

"My master of course."

He nods towards two men by the gate. "Take the scroll." He says. They do and march into the kingdom. One I would never get to see. "So demon-"

"I am not a demon." I snapped. "I am damned."

He scoffs. "Even worse. You chose hell if you were damned." He spat.

"I did not choose this! I was unfairly tried!"

"And why do you say that?"

I felt a few tears sting my eyes at the memory. "You know not of my pain. You don't deserve my story." I say as the men come back through the gate with another scroll. I grab it and fly away without another word.

The next day, the same demon calls me too Lucifers side. Again the painful growth of the wings he had taken after my return. I received another scroll and was sent once again to the kingdom.

When I arrived, the same men stood at the gate. I handed the two the scroll one again and waited silently for their return. "You're right you know." The dark haired angel said.

"What?" I asked.

"I don't now your pain. I've always been here. I've never known anything else."

I scoffed. "So?"

"So, I'm interested. You say you were tried unfairly but I've always been taught that the damned were ruthless and deserved what they got. But you don't seem ruthless."

"Who told you that? God? Well he's the one who damned us. Maybe he's not the best source." I was about to go on but the Angels returned so I took the scroll and left. When I reached the large thrown room, I handed him the scroll and prepared for the pain of the wings being ripped from my flesh. The devil read over the scroll and growled.

"You may as well keep the wings. I'll need you to go back tomorrow." I sighed in relief. I still wasn't free and would have to get past the guards to leave. I also would have no place to go if I somehow escaped. I'd be doomed to float in space for eternity. All this meant was that the pain would be gone.

The next day, I took the scroll and went back to the gate. There he stood as always. I handed the men the scroll and waited for his third attempt. He just stared at me and seemed to be waiting for me to say something. "Jack." I said. "Might as well get acquainted."

"Hello Jack, I'm Mark."

"Do you ever do anything other then guard this gate?" I ask.

"Not really. I was born an angel for one purpose and this is it. I don't traffic in the dead anymore at least. That job sucked."

I looked at him confused. "So you've never done anything else?"

"No." He sighed. "This is it for me."

"I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry? You have it way worse then me."

I nodded.

Still everyday I received a message to take to the gate and every day I talked to Mark. One particularly boring day, he asked the question again.

"Jack, why were you damned?"

I sigh. What harm could it do to tell him? "I was in a bar and a tall man offered me a drink. I didn't see the harm in it so I accepted. I woke up the next day in chains. He tortured me. So..."

"So You killed him?"

"No, actually. Well yes I killed him but not because of what he did to me. I had a 'cell mate'. He had dirty blond hair and blue innocent eyes. I watched as the prick stabbed him and the life leaked out of his eyes." I had to look away. "I thought... I thought if I could get him out of there he might survive. I thought I might be able to get him to a hospital. So... I took the knife from the man and I killed him. I grabbed the blond and went towards the door. I hadn't been expecting his friends to show up." As I finished, the men came back. I took the message and left Mark standing slack jawed.

I didn't want to go back the next day. But I had to. I would be tortured if I didn't. So back I went, to the man I had spilled my life story too the day before. He stood waiting for me and told the men to go. As soon as they were out of sight, he took two strides forward and hugged me. I stiffened. I hadn't been in a friendly embrace for god knows how long. I relaxed and wrapped my arms around him as well. The tears started to fall and he held me closer. "W-why?" I asked.

"Because you need someone who cares." He says simply. He couldn't have been more right.

The next day, I arrived and the men took the scroll quickly, leaving Mark and I alone once again. "Hey buddy." He says.

"Look, I can't be your 'buddy'. I'm... You know." I look down. This was for his own good.

"So? What does that matter?" He asked.

"You could get in trouble."

"So?" He asked again. "I don't care Jack."

"Sean." I say quietly. "My real name is Sean."

"Well Sean," he says and wraps his arms around my waist, " maybe I care more about you then some stupid rule."

"You can't!" I say. "They'll damn you too!"

"Damned if I do, damned if I don't." He says and kisses me.

A/N
Part two? I kinda want to make a part two.