Memory (septiplier)

Warrior_in_the_Stars suggested this so I hope that you like it. I changed the idea a little bit, I hope you don't mind.

I walk into the room and see him siting on the edge of the bed with a photo album in his hands. Neither of us say anything as we sit and look over the pictures with small smiles.

"Mom!" Mark blushed as he looked behind him to see his mother with a camera pointed at us.

"What? I was just taking a picture of the stars!" She defends. I chuckle and look back up to the brilliant night sky.

The memory came flooding back as I saw the photo of his arm around my back as we stare into the flawless sky. I hadn't even seen the picture before. It was definitely one of my new favorites.

He flipped the page and I blushed slightly at the picture of me in his grasp and my legs wrapped around him.

"Sean, I love you. I love you more then all the stars in the sky. I love you more then words will ever be able to describe. I love you enough to promise that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So, Sean, will you marry me?"

"YES!" I screamed as I pounce on him. He spins me around and I pull his lips to mine.

He turns the page and a picture of us at the altar comes up.

"Do you take Sean to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for rich, for poor, for as long as you both shall live." My eyes meet his as I wait silent for the response that would truly make me his and him mine.

"I do." He says softly with nothing but love in his tone.

"By the power invested in me by the United States government, I here by pronounce you husband and husband. You may now kiss the groom."

A tear escaped his eye as he undoubtably thinks of the beautiful ceremony we had. It truly was one of the best days of my life.

The next photo was one I have aways cherished. A little girl sits between us on a bench with her small hands in each of ours. We all grin as the two of us look down at her lovingly and she smiles at the camera.

"Daddy?" Sam asked.

"Yes dear." I ask and place her on my lap.

"Do you love me?"

I look at her puzzled. "Of course I love you! I love you more then anything."

"More then chica?" She asks, referring to our dog.

"Absolutely."

"More then video games?"

I laugh and kiss her forehead. "More then any game that has or ever will be made."

"More then papa?" She asks as Mark walks over to us. Before I can respond, the soothing voice cuts me off.

"More then papa what?" He asks as he hands Sam and I an icecream cone.

I grin. "I love you just as much as I love papa." I put my lips to her ear. "Maybe a bit more." I whisper. She giggles and Mark just glares at me.

The next one was something I had completely forgotten about.

"Sammy?" I ask through her closed door.

"What do you want?!" She sobbed.

"Honey come out. You've been in there all weekend."

"I don't want to!" She screams. "What's the point?!"

A small hand knocks on the door from beside my knee. "Sammy?" Tim asks. "Why are you hiding?"

There was silence for a few seconds before the door opened to reveal the tear streaked teen. "I'm just hurting Timmy." She said softly.

"Why?" The 6 year old asked.

"Because James dumped me." She said angrily.

The little one looked up at his sister strangely. "But why are you sad? You don't need him. You have daddy and papa and me!" He smiled at her and she smiled back.

"Yeah. You're right squirt." She says and hugs him tightly. He wraps his small arms around her and I hear the click of a camera from beside me.

Mark smiled at the photo of our wonderful kids so long ago. More tears rolled down his face as he looked at the next one.

"I love you." He says sadly as he holds my hand.

"Don't do that." I whisper softly. "It's not over yet. You're going to be stuck with me for quite a while more." He bites his lip and looks away from me.

"Jack... This isn't a joke."

"That doesn't mean we have to stop laughing." I say as I brush his cheek with my hand. The nurse walks in then to change my IV and I hand her my phone from the nightstand. "Could you take our picture?" I ask her.

She smiles and nods.

He closes the book angrily and slams it on the dresser. He stands from beside me and starts to sob. I jump slightly but don't stand up.

"Goddamn it Sean!" He yells. "Why the hell did This have to happen?!"

"I'm sorry baby." I whispered.

"You... I... AGH!" He screams and tears at his hair. I stand and put my hand on his shoulder.

"Honey please." I beg but he doesn't hear me.

He drops on the bed and curls into a ball. "Why...?" He whispers.

"It was my time dear." I say. I don't know why I'm trying to talk to him. It's not like he can hear me. I'm just wasting my time. Then again, time is the one thing I've got plenty of. 

"I just don't know what to do anymore." He sobs. I try to wipe his eyes but it doesn't work of course. "I can't live without you."

"You have too. For Sammy and Tim and Bob and Wade and Tom."

"I miss you so much...."

"I know."

"Why couldn't it have been me?" I just shake my head and sigh. I just wish I could comfort him. That he could know I'm here and that I'm not gone. That I love him just as much as I have for the past 50 years.

The door downstairs opens and Sams voice could be heard from the doorway. "Papa?" She calls. She walks into the room and sees him in his fetal position. "Oh papa." She whispers. She was in a nice black dress and heals. She looked beautiful and I wish I could tell her that. He stands up and wiped his eyes.

"I'm sorry..." He whispers. She pulls him too her and holds him as he begins to sob again.

"I know papa. I know. We miss him too." She says as mascara streaks appear on her pale skin.

He pulls away after a few minutes and turns towards the closet. "I guess I should get my suit on huh?" She nods and walks towards the door.

"Call me if you need any help." She says. He nods and she closes the door.

He walks over to the closet and pulls out a jet black suit. The one I had picked out for him. He pulls his sweats off and throws on the pink dress shirt and black pants. He walks over to the mirror and stares at his wrinkled face. He pulls on the suit jacket and looks down to button it up. I walk over and put my hands on his shoulders. He looked up at the mirror momentarily and did a double take. "Sean?" He asked. I started and silently prayed he could actually see me. He spun around and the joy in his eyes seemed to diminish. He shakes his head and sighs. Sam knocks on the door.

"You ready papa?"

"Yeah." He says softly And walks towards the doorway. "Let's go." She wraps her arm around his shoulders and leads him to the car and off towards the memorial.