Contradistinction (septiplier)

The fabulous AceMcSpace was kind enough to colab with me on this one. Check him out. His stuff is way better then anything I've ever written.

(Btw, Jack is life, Mark is death.)

The scythe clanked on the concrete floor, brown eyes coldly staring down against the back of the other God.The bright one stood aglow, contrasting the darkness behind him. A bright smile only illuminating his aura more, baby blue eyes gazing upon the flourished green and brown trees, it was perfect balance for the season, saying it was spring, still some thing were in the prison of Death's hands.The man of grief started at the happy landscape in disgust. Winter couldn't have been long enough in his eyes. Finally, the reaper spoke.
"How do you stand such things? Knowing it will just crumble once again, whether from me or the puny mortals that hurt everything."
"It may not last but what does that matter? For you or the humans may destroy this beauty but that does not make it less splendid." The God had nodded, seemingly earning a little more knowledge from the doofus himself, soon finding the happiness amusing.
"It's amazing, you know. You see all this, well... This! And you act like you have so much time. Take it from Me, friend, time is limited."
"Time may be limited, but it is also a cycle. Yes you may kill all I see, but spring will come again. Not even you can change that my friend." Death had scowled, this is what he hated the most. Oh, yes life was so wonderful, saying Life had it easy, it was so accessible to him, but the justice that Death would wreak, took him a whole season.
"Oh, do calm down. I can sense that horrible negative energy that you need to get rid of." The brighter one tittered, his eyes closed. Death rolled his eyes.
"Optimism is what makes men fail. They prepare only for good and are surprised when bad comes. This is something you need to learn above all else." The angel smiled. The two silently bickered until Life gasped quietly, pointing to a baby fawn, lingering to find a spot of grass to eat. Life smiled, beckoning for Death to watch too. All was peace, until blood had splattered the fresh green grass.
"No!" Life screeched, cupping his face into his hands, his body shaking. Death knew what had happened, the scum of their Earth had just shot down another one. Death patted Life's shoulder, soon to scamper along to the humans, finding the most cleverest way to punish the evil things that had killed his opposite's  happiness. Soon enough, he gave up, just to give the Father a heart attack, which to his hand accidentally pulling the trigger to kill his son.
"No!" Life screamed as he watched the men fall.
"How could you do that?!" He yelled to his friend.
"I didn't. It was all due to a malfunction in the human. Nothing could be done"
Life sobbed silently as he looked over the wreckage. Three lives had been lost so quickly. Death felt sympathy for the light one, but none for the fallen.
"Yes there could! You planned that! You murdered them!" The seraph roared, taking the demon back.
"I only did justice, killing poor, innocent things like that deserve to feel the same writhing pain the poo-" Death snapped to realization, striding to the fawn, who had been crying for her mother in pain. blood still spewing from her neck.
"Shh..." Death softly placed his hand onto the fawn, lulling it into eternal slumber.
"Th-they didn't need to die." Life whispered. He looked up from his misery to see Death standing over the corpse. He noticed the small fawn and his eyes lit up with immediate care. He stands and slowly walks to the dark man.
"There there..." He said softly. The fawn, though terrified, walked up to the light one curiously.
"No need to be frightened." He smiled and patted the youth on the head. Death was dumbfounded, he glanced to his hand, to the saint, back to his hand, and straight to the God. Even after over 10,000 years, he finally had weakened, or?
"How? I, sent it to-" Death groaned, rubbing his forehead.
"Cycles." Life said as the fawn brushed against his hand.
"What?' Death asked.
"Life begets death begets life. As with spring and winter. This life shall continue beyond the death before it." Death scoffed.
"That life will end as well. It is just a matter of time."
"Time is limited?" Life joked. The dark one shook his head at the ignorant one but smiled anyway. At least he wasn't grieving anymore.
"Listen, go run around, I have justice to do." Death shooed off the younger one, walking to the polluted city far away
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years past, winter came and was again dominated by spring. Life sat by a steady stream and stroked the weak doe he had met all those years ago. The animal had succumbed to sickness in its old age. Life felt the presence of another behind him and turned to see the friend he had missed dearly. He smiled and hugged the slightly taller man.
"How have you been?" He asks. Death smiled softly and accepted the embrace. It seemed as though the baggy toga like shirt and pants upon the younger God had brightened up a bit, while Death's own cape had gotten more dull, darker, it was amazing on what time could do.
"It's been normal, making sure there was balance, no under-population, no overpopulation.." Death trailed off when he realized Life never knew what it could mean, nor ever care. The demon pulled back from the other, staring into the long missed sky eyes.
"I've... I've missed you." He said then cleared his throat. The beauty before him smiled.
"I've missed you as well. You've been away far too long." Death looked toward the dying deer and sighed sadly.
"You know why I'm here..." He whispered. Life nodded sadly.
"It's her time." Death breathed in, his tan skin somehow becoming a bit paler as he readied his hand.
"Shh, shush..." The old doe kicked her legs violently as she was shocked of her death coming so soon. The legs' movement slowly stopped, the deer falling into the black that she had escaped in her younger years. Life looked away, clutching onto the jet matte cloth of Death's cape.
"It's okay, Life." Death stared at the corpse, showing no signs of emotion.
"Cycles, remember?" He says as he tried to cheer the younger.
"R-right..." Life whispered. They sat in silence for a while before Life got up and started to walk away.
"Where are you going?" Death asked.
"I... I don't know." He whispered. Death sighed and walked up behind his friend.
"Life." He said and grabbed his hand. He turned the bright one towards him and frowned at the tears in his eyes. He brought his other hand to Life's cheek and smiled sadly.
"It will be ok." Life nodded.
"I know." Death brought their joined hands to his mouth and kissed the others knuckles. Life raised an eyebrow, such an unfamiliar gesture for Death to do, yet he only nodded in addition to his answer.
"Life.." He couldn't look up, no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't until a tan finger shoved his head in proper position smoothly. Life opened his mouth, to have no sound to come out. Brown strands of hair slid to lay on his pale, shining forehead. A warm smile had been placed upon lips that shouldn't have held them.
"Why..." Life had been so confused, just a young God, he was a complete asshole, now, it seemed everything was different.
"I'm sorry." Death whispered.
"I know how you cared for her." He moved his hand to brush a few of the strands from the others face. Death cleared his throat and looked down. Feeling foolish, he let go of the other's hand.
"I should be going." He said sadly and turned from the light one. Life grabbed his shoulder hastily and turned him around once again.
"Stay." He said sternly. The brown eyes sparkled with light for possibly the first time as he gazed hopefully upon the other. Life brought his own hands to the shoulders of the taller and pulled him slightly closer. Though he was confused, he felt as though this was right. As if this was meant to be. Death lost his control over his weight as he stared into the pleading baby blues, his lips only a few inches away from the other's. Death's arm's had already found themselves around the opposite's neck, as well as Life's around Death's waist. It was only a matter of seconds before the two had connected, the time literally stopping, a jolt of electricity spark through them. Death jumped back from the sudden pain.
"Oh..." Life sighed at the loss of contact. Neither spoke for many minutes before Life turned away.
"I'm sorry." He said. Death shook his head and grabbed back the hand he had already missed.
"We are both creatures of pain. What difference does this make?" Life just looked away with tears running down his face. "Life is pain. Death is pain. Love is pain." Life's eyes snap up to meet the glowing brown orbs. Smiling, Death grabbed Life's arm, capturing him for another shocking kiss. The pain only lasted a few seconds, leading into ecstasy from what had just came into reality. As they broke the loving gesture, Death smiled and leaned his head against Life's. Balance was the reason for these beings creations and it seems that they had reached it. Life and death. Love and loss. Light and darkness. It all fit into its place as the two gazed into each other's eyes. Why was it so astounding to stare into a fellow immortal's eyes? Death had done it in the city store windows with his reflection, yet these seemed more...
Alive.
"I missed you, so much." The younger God recited.
"Thank you for coming back."