Hights (septipler)

None of this is based in fact and I'm probably messing a lot of stuff up. please don't hurt me!

Thank you MsHelp for the suggestion! You is awesome!

"W-why are we here again?" I ask shakily.

"I told you I wanted to show you something." We had come to Hawaii on vacation and he insisted we climb this huge mountain. Ok maybe it wasn't huge but anything higher then three feet off the ground is too high. I stopped to catch my breath and accidentally looked off the cliff to my side.

"No! Nope! Na! Not happening!" I scream incoherent negativities.

"Jack?" Mark asked. He turned around and saw me curled in a ball and leaning against the mountain side.he walked over and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Are you ok?"

I look at him strangely. "Did you hear any of what I just said?!" He chuckled and sat next to me. He put his arm around me and I leaned in just for the comfort. "I think I married the devil." I say under my breath.

"Hey! If anything I'm the innocent one of the two of us!"

"You also made me climb a f***ing mountain!"

"See right there! I'm more innocent! I haven't cursed this whole time!" He said proudly.

"You also don't feel like you're going to hurl any second." I said and curled up further. I put my head between my knees and felt my heart race.

"Hey, it's ok. Nothing is going to happen." He said calmly.

"Easy for you to say."

He sighed. "I guess... We can turn back if you want. It's not that important anyway." I could feel the reluctance in his tone but he gave me a big grin. "Let's go get something to eat."

"Mark..." I say as he starts to get up.

"Yeah?"

I sigh. "This is important."

"No it's not. It's fine. Let's just go."

I take his hand that he was offering, but instead of leading down the mountain like he said, I continued walking up. "Jack?" He asks.

"Well come on. This is a big deal to you so it's a big deal to me." I say and take his hand again. He smiles and we continue to walk up the incline. As we reached the peak, my breath caught in my throat. You could see everything from up here. The greenery stretching off into the distance before ending in silky white beaches. The sight was amazing and left me speechless (which was rare). I smiled as Mark pulled me to him and we looked out at the tranquil island. "It's... Beautiful..." I whisper.

"I've never actually seen it. Only in pictures." He handed me a photo of a young Asian woman in a white dress, and a Man in a black tux. They were standing in this exact spot with the sunset glowing brightly in the background.

"Is this your parents?" I ask. I had of course met his mother but she looked much different now.

"Yep. Crazy right?"

"And this is their wedding?" That's why he wanted to see this. That's why this was so important to him. He nodded and I honestly felt honored. This was a place his family held dear, and he wanted to show it to me. And to think I complained?

I looked at him with a teary expression. "Baby what's wrong? Is it the height still? We can go if y-" He was cut off by my lips meeting his.

"Thank you." I whispered when we pulled away.

"For what?" He asked.

"For sharing this with me. For sharing your family history with me."

"Well... It's your family history now too. I mean, you're family."

The tears fall faster and I clutch onto him. "I love you."

"I love you too."

A/N
Ok this sucked, go ahead and hurt me.
\(^~^)/