StrawberryMilkshake (pewdiecry)

So this story has been on my profile and I was thinking about deleting it. Here is my alternative. Feel free to ignore.

"$45.16." the cashier says.

"Ok." I reach in my back pocket to grab my wallet... But it's not there.

ITS NOT THERE!

I check all of my pockets but come up with nothing. I think back to this morning. It was right there, next to my keys. I grabbed my keys and... that's when my phone rang. I picked up my phone and completely forgot about my wallet. Why had I been so stupid?

Why had I so eagerly volunteered to get coffee for everyone in the office?

Why had I told them all to pay me back after I got the drinks?

Why had they all wanted freaking Frapuccino's?

I look back up the guy who gives me an impatient glare. "Umm I'm sorry, could you just cancel those? I forgot my wallet at home." The guy scoffed and went to delete what I ordered.

"Wait!" The guy behind me says. "Don't worry, I'll get it." And he hands the guy two twenties and a ten.

"No really, it's fine." I try to stop him but the guy already took the money.

"Seriously, I can get it for you. Based on how many you ordered, your boss would be pretty pissed if you showed up empty handed."

"Well at least give me your number so I can make it up to you some other time." Had I really just asked some random stranger for his number? Yes, yes I had. He was super cute though. Light brown hair, deep blue eyes, a wide and contagious smile.

The guy blushes then takes out his phone. "I'll give you my number, but not so you can pay me back." it was my turn to blush. The cashier clears his throat, indicating that we were holding up the line. "Oh! I just need a cup of water." The cute guy says and the cashier goes to make all the drinks.

"Seriously, let me make it up to you. Your really saving my neck here." I rub my neck without meaning to and he chuckles.

"Don't worry about it." He smiles again and I start to get a bit more flustered.

"Blondie!" The guy at the counter yells and I whip around. He has all the drinks I ordered in the little cardboard holders. I grab them and turn to talk to the brunette again, but he's gone. He took his measly cup of water and left without another word. I sigh and head to my car.

As I drive to the office, I can't stop thinking about that guy. I didn't even get a chance to thank him. I felt awful for taking the money but it was too late now. I sigh again and continue to the huge office building across the street.

When I walk in I'm bombarded by coworkers who take their drinks and leave money before I even say hello to any of them. I look down and see fifty dollars in my hand. Work men's comp I suppose. I head to the little cubical that I have and sit down at my dest. "Hey Felix!" Mark, my coworker says.

"Hey Mark." I smile and turn to my computer.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"What? Nothing!" I say a bit too harshly.

"You sure?"

"It's just... I just forgot my wallet at home is all."

"Then how'd you pay for the coffee?"

"Some guy payed for me. It was really nice but he didn't even tell me his name."

"Aren't you gonna pay him back?" He asked, confused.