Broken (septiplier)

So I know this is kinda similar to another one I wrote and also I promised happier. I just completely spaced writing so here is one I wrote a while ago. Sorry.

I've never been much of a poet, but this is an exception I guess.

At my own funeral. How's that for a starting phrase? And how I wish it were a metaphor. But sadly, it's not.

At my own funeral, I watch those who lost a brother, son, friend... No this is too cheesy. Honestly I don't know why they're here. I did this to them. Can't they just forget about me and stop making me feel this enveloping guilt?

Why must I watch my own mother walk up to a closed casket that held the one she gave birth too? What did I do to deserve this?....

Oh... Right.

I sigh (or at least the ghostly equivalent) as my parents walk away from the casket with tears running down their faces. I don't know why I did it. I just did. I was just done. I was through with feeling like a failure. Guess I'm even more of a failure now.

I tried to lessen the damage. I lost contact with friends just so this wouldn't hit them that hard. It worked for the most part. Most of them still came, but they didn't seem to broken. Thank god. I wasn't at all surprised to see that one person in particular didn't show up. The things I said to him... I just knew that he would be in so much pain if he thought there was something he could do. He's already lost so many people, I didn't want to be another.

Everyone sits down as the priest begins his speech. "Dearly beloved. We are gathered here to mourn the loss of the young Sean who..." yada yada yada. If it were up to me, they wouldn't have gone through all this trouble for me. God knows I didn't deserve it. I definitely don't now. As I begin to zone out, I see one last person walk in quietly. He had his head down and a hat covering his electric blue hair, but I could tell it was him. I floated beside him to see him not in tears like the others, but just starring at his feet. His face blank and void of emotion.

As the ceremony came to an end, someone put their hand on his shoulder. He looks up to see Malcolm, my older brother, beside him.

"Mark right?" Malcolm asked.

"Yes. Are you his brother? The one that called me?"

Malcolm nodded. "Yeah. Sean always talked about you so I figured you were pretty important to him."

They both nodded and my brother sighed. "Look, we are one man short for the um... Anyway I was wondering if you wanted too-.."

Mark nodded. "I-I would love too." He stood and followed my brother to the casket. My brothers, my father, my best friend, they all stood beside the casket and lifted it. They took it passed the spectators and to the hearse. "I-Is it alright if I come to the um..." Mark asked my father.

"Of course son." My father half smiles and puts a hand on his shoulder. They all walk to their cars and some leave the parking lot off towards the cemetery. I float beside Mark and watch as he drives his rental with no emotion present on his face. He must just be here out of obligation. He doesn't actually care. Why would he? I was a jerk to him the last time I talked to him.

He pulled up to the cemetery and went to help the men with the casket. As they walked to the grave, my sister grabbed a Bouquet of green flowers and followed my sobbing mother. I looked away as they all cried and places the coffin on the elevator. The device slowly brought it down, into the earth. Once it was lowered, they all took a flower and mumbled a send off before throwing it in as well. I watched as Mark bit his lip and threw it in wordlessly. As they started to shovel the dirt into the hole, my family turned to each other and nodded before heading off to their separate cars. Mark stood alone and just watched the earth fill as it was before. As the crew started to leave, Mark finally opened his mouth.

"I um I was really upset over what you said ya know. That I'd never amount to anything. That I'd just be a forgotten face on a screen. I was pretty torn up until.... I got the phone call." I wish I could cry. Just to give me some kind of release. "After I heard what you... What happened, I understood why. I'm not saying I'm ok with what you did... I'm just saying that I understand why you said what you did. You were trying to find the way to hurt me the least." He paused for a minute before sighing. "I don't know why I'm even doing this. It's not like you can hear me." My lip wobbled. God what have I done? "I just... I wish you would have said something. I would have.... I would have done anything." His voice cracked and the long awaited tears fell. "I would have flown out here. I would have been with you. I would have talked to you. I..." He fell to his knees and started to sob. "I-i know I should have seen the signs. I should have tried..." My eyes widen. Nonononono! He can't blame himself for this! It wasn't his fault! It was mine! I'm the one who did this! "I wish I would have just..." I tried to yell. I tried to touch him. I tried to hug him. Nothing worked. He couldn't feel me. He couldn't see me. He couldn't hear me.

I'm so sorry Mark.

"You know we all cared about you... So much. Your fans still don't know. I know I should say something but I just can't. Bob and Wade only heard because I broke down in the middle of a Skype call. Th-they're devastated by the way. They weren't invited because your family didn't even know about them. Same with Felix and Ken and everyone. We are all so... Broken."

Markimoo. Please. It's ok.

"I don't know why your brother even knew about me."

Because I always talked about you

"I-I hate this!" He sobbed. "Why did this have to happen?!" He screamed and beat the ground with his fist. Suddenly a hand fell on his shoulder and he looked up, startled.

"Mark?" My sister asked.

"Y-yeah." He whipped his eyes.

"I was Sean's sister."

Was?

"I am Sean's sister. I just... I wanted to give you something." She says and pulls my cap out of her bag. His eyes start to water again as he takes it carefully.

"Thank you." He whispers. She nods and sits beside him in the grass.

"So. You were his friend?" She asks.

He nods. "You could say that."

"What do you mean?"

"He just... He meant a lot to me." He says softly.

"You loved him didn't you?" She puts her arm around him and he nods again. "It hurts huh?" More nodding. "You know what I would say to him if he could hear me?"

"What?"

"I'd call him a selfish bastard and tell him how broken I am now." She joked and I smiled. "Love you Sean." She says with a small smile. "I swear to god if I ever see you again I'm gonna kick your little, loudmouth a**."

"I love you Jack. We'll See you soon."