6) Ronald Reagan is the devil

<---Say helllloooo to Caesar.

~•~

Huey's Pov.

I walk into he library and stroll from desk to desk looking for curly hair. Eventually I find her sitting by the window. She stares down at her book and bites her pen, stuck. I watch her for a few seconds. Never have I seen her so...thoughtful.

I walk up to her.

She hears the footsteps and looks up. She smiles. I resist the urge to smile, too. "Bestie!" she whisper-shouts.

I walk behind her and look over her shoulder. I clench my fists back. "Your doing a project...on Ronald Reagan?"

She looks away in embarrassment.

"Is that why you didn't ask for help from me? Like you always do?"

She shrugs. "I knew you wouldn't help since you hate the dude so..."

"I don't hate him," I sit down next to her. "I detest him. Wouldn't you rather do a project on someone else instead of wasting paper on Ronald Reagan?"

"Like who?"

"Barak Obama," I tell her.

"Lemme guess. This has something to do with him being black. Right?" she asks.

"Not just black," I say. "But the first black president."

"Huey, I would, but this is due in the next period," she says. "I can't just start all over again. Where will I get the pictures? The information?"

I look at my watch. "We've got time." I stand up. "Come on."

Jazmine stands up with her project. "Where are we going?"

"The internet cafe. Let's go," Jazmine follows me out of the library and we leave the school on a bus. Thirty minutes is more then enough, so I tell her not to worry about being late.

Caesar's Pov.

I ditch the others in the cafeteria and walk in the now empty halls to my locker. A girl walks from the other end in my direction. I smile at her, thinking we'll pass each other, but instead, when I stop at my locker, she stops at the one next to mine.

This is awkward.

She blushes as she enters her combination, trying to avoid eye-contact, but still glances at me.

"Hey," I say leaning on my locker, ignoring what I came here to do in the first place.

She blushes again. "Hi."

She holds the locker open so I can't see her face. She has black hair, slightly longer than shoulder length. Brown eyes. And dimples!

"Hey..." I gently close the locker and look at her. "Are you new? Never seen you around."

She looks down and looks back up. "Yeah. Its my first day," she says. "What's your name?" she asks me.

"Michael Caesar, but niggas call me Caesar. Who you?"

"Tinashe Jackson. But you can just call me Tina."

"Tina...welcome to Woodcrest High," I smile at her and she blushes again. Man. Why she so shy?

"Thanks," she takes the books she came for and closes her locker. She walks away backwards and clutches them to her chest. "I guess I'll see you around."

I nod. "Fo sho."

She turns on her heel and speeds walk out of sight. Huh. Weird bitch. Still cute tho.

Tina's Pov.

OH MY GOSH! I am so stupid!! How come I'm always so dumb around boys! Ugh! He probably thinks I'm a dunce.

I walk into class after the bell rings. One of the girls in class smirk at me. "Hey Little Tina!"

Just ignore them. I sit down and open my book.

"Oh look girls. She's ignoring us!" I hear one of them say.

Ignore them. I read. "I bet Caesar would ignore her too, considering that he's waaay out of her league."

My ears perk up and I turn my head. They saw us?

"Totally, I bet she couldn't even handle his size." The girls laugh.

I shut my eyes and shake my head.

They've targeted me since I arrived, my new friends say its only until I stop being a 'newbie'. I sigh. What was I thinking?

He is too good for me...

Jazmine's Pov.

After school...

"I told you you'd pass. See? A plus!" Huey says as we leave school.

"Yeah yeah," I shove the file into my bag. "Hey, can we go out for lunch?"

He frowns. "Lunch? Why didn't you eat here?"

I roll my eyes. "'Cause you dragged me to the internet cafe in my lunch period."

"And it got you an A plus."

I stop in my tracks and cross my arms. "Huey."

He sighs heavily. "Fine. But you're paying for bus fare."

I smirk. I always know how to get him.

~•~