32) Painful paintball bullets

Kiara's Pov.

Huey storms out the room after Riley. Cass walks out of the Virtual machine and shakes her hair out. I sigh. "Did you really have to kiss him? This was a trust exercise, Cassandra," I tell her.

She rolls her eyes. "I'm aware of that, Ki. He kissed me, what was I supposed to do? Push him away?"

"Yes! He's our teammate Cass! Your supposed to gain his trust! Not lose it!" I scold.

"Oh look at you! Just because your one of the top choices for next commander you think you can just walk around bossing everyone around! You are so full of yourself!" she yells.

At this point, we've gained all the scientist's attention, even the guinea pigs. I put my hands on my hips. "Well excuse me for taking responsibility! But you wouldn't know about that, would you? You just walk around playing follow the leader! Why do you think you're never on the top charts?!"

"Well at least I'm actually professional! You don't see me making googly eyes at new recruits!"

I gasp. "What the fuck are you talking about?! I am totally professional!"

Instead of speaking, she mouths, Huey. My jaw falls and we glare at each other. "You're an open book, Kiara," she says in a low voice.

"Vete a la mierda..." I whisper. (Fuck you)

She gasps and storms out of the lab. People still stare at me. I whip my head at them and yell, "Que' diablos esta's mirando?!" (What the fuck you looking at?!)

People immediately rush back to working.

Huey's Pov.

Riley sits on his bed with his head in his hands. "Man...dat wus messed up..." he says.

I sit down a respectable distance away. "Don't worry, Kiara used Jazmine on me, too."

"Well yea but da bitch ain't kiss you...ughh..." he sighs heavily.

I reach out to place my hand on his shoulder but he shrugs me off. "Look man. I know you tryna help me n shit, but don't touch me. Dat gay."

I can't help but smirk at him. Even emotional, he's still the same old Riley. 'Kiara Vega is at the door,' the computer attached to the door says.

I look down at Riley. He looks up from his hands and nods at me. "Access granted," I yell without looking away from him.

The door slides open and Kiara walks in, looking like she's just finished a tough exam. "Hey guys."

"Wassup," Riley says.

I nod in response.

"You're day of training still isn't complete," she says sternly. "I suggest you quit moping around and go to the training room."

Me and Riley exchange confusing looks. Damn. Judging by the way she came in I expected her to apologise or something. Or even sound sorry. Riley and I stand up and leave the room. Kiara walks behind us.

"Damn. Why wus dat sucha turn on?" Riley whispers to me.

I shrug. "Ion know."

Kiara's Pov.

I chukle to myself. How do they think I can't hear them? I'll be honest, my intentions were actually being all 'nice and sorry' to them.

I realised that's not necessarily. If I'm soon to be a commander, that means I should grow no emotional attachments to anyone. No compassion. Tough love. I strictly keep my relationships professional.