10) Detention

<---Holla Tina!

~•~

Huey's Pov.

Jazmine has to stay for an hour. Almost half the school is gone, but they're still people here. Some loitering around the gate or smoking pot behind the school and others stuck only because of sports practice.

I haven't seen Cindy and Riley since the morning. Caesar, Ming and Hiro keep me company in the library. Ming finishes off some homework and listens to music with her earphones, Hiro texts, Caesar half chats with me and half reads and I read a book.

Even though Caesar can be loud sometimes or obnoxious like my brother, he's still really cool. A good friend. Just like me, he keeps up with news and he also reads as a hobbie.

Hiro being a DJ, lends me some music sometimes and helps me keep up with the latest beats, not that I really care, but it gets Jazmine off my case sometimes.

Ming and I are past the whole 'kickball' experience. She doesn't see me as a rival anymore, even though we can get competitive at times, she always comes to me if she needs help or has problems.

Caesar puts his book down and stretches. "Man I'm out. This place really sucks the life out of you."

"Shush!" We all turn to the librarian lady who holds a finger to her lips. Caesar glares at her and Hiro chuckles. Ming completely drowned in her music, doesn't react.

"Thanks for trying," I say as he stands up and stretches again.

"Fo sho. Tomorrow I'll do better. Aight I'm out. See ya'll."

We all say bye and Caesar leaves.

Caesar's Pov.

Man. How can a librarian even stand that place? She probably used to it; years of training I guess. I walk out to the parking lot and can't help but notice a girl standing on the pavement.

I stop at me car, parked only a few metres from her. "Aye!"

She turns. "Oh. Hi Caesar." She blushes.

I grin. "Hello, Tina." I never see this bitch, its like she ain't even schooling here. She one of those quiet ones. "Um...the bus stop is that way," I point left. "What you waiting fo?"

"Oh...I'm not taking the bus. I called a cab," she says.

"How long you been here?"

She sighs. "Thirty minutes. I don't know what's up, he usually arrives early."

"How 'bout I give you a lift?" I offer. I walk to the front of the car and lean on the hood.

"Really? Thanks, but...I can't," she responds.

"Why not?"

"Well...you're a stranger."

"I'd like to think were acquaintances," I smile a toothy smile and she blushes. "And I'd sure like us to be more."

Tina takes a step foward. "How do I know you won't kidnap me or anything?" She smirks, taunting me. Huh. She seems more bold now.

I smirk back. "You don't," I say moving foward. "And besides, if that was my plan..." I stop in front of her. "It would've already happened."

She blushes and looks down, then back up. "Okay...I'll take my chances."

I tilt my head. "Why's that?"

She bites her lip. "Because I trust you. And I know you're not that type of guy. Shall we?"

She walks past me and sits in my car, on the passenger's seat. I shake my head in amusement. She has no idea.

Huey's Pov.

"So...if you collect light terms and switch the ten this side..." I write that in the exercise book. "It'll become a positive. You get it?"

Ming nods. "Yes! Thank you, Huey," she kisses me on the cheek and quickly packs up her books. Riley's not the only one who struggles with math.

"Can we go now?" Hiro asks his girlfriend. He sounds like he wants to cry.

"Yup. Huey helped with my calculation, let's go." They both stand up.

"See you man," Hiro and I fist bump.

Ming makes a small wave as they leave. I look at my watch. Ten more minutes...

I lean back in my seat and sigh. I wish the principal just beat her or something.

Its painful, but at least its short.

Jazmine's Pov.

This place is a prison. Principal Davis sits at his desk in the front. In one hand he holds a cup printed with 'World's Best Dad.'

I snort.

All our desks face him. We sit and do nothing. I'm currently sitting in line with a guy who has tons of tatoos, a black girl with a noise and eyebrow piercing, a blonde cheerleader and a short guy with glasses.

The principal's phone rings and he excuses himself, he stops under the door frame before closing the door. "Absolute. Silence."

We all nod and he shuts the door.

"Whew! I thought he'd never leave!" The tattoo guy leans back in his chair and stacks his feet on the desk.

"Totally. What an ass head," the cheerleader says pulling out a phone.

The nerd stays quiet and the girl with piercings stands up and sits on the tattoo guy's lap.

Wow. Its amazing how the atmospheres changed.

"Hey mullato," the tattoo guy says. "Never seen you. What you in for?"

"Never seen me?" I echo. "You guys are here often?"

The piercing girl rolls her eyes. "You have no idea."

"I beat someone up," I say blandly.

"Fo real? You don't look like that typa bitch," Piercings says.

I don't really care for their names, so I don't ask and use nicknames.

"What about you guys?" I ask.

"Graffiti in the bathroom," Tattoo says.

"Smoking behind the school," Piercings says.

"Prank," the cheerleader says.

"What about you, Devin?" I ask the guy with glasses. He's in my class so I know his name.

"...my volcano exploded in science class and messed everything up," Devin says.

"Hey, while we're in here let's have a little fun!" Tattoo pulls out a graffiti spray and walks to the wall at the back on class.

"Are you sure that's like, a good idea?" The cheerleader asks. "Bold head is just outside."

Tattoo snorts. "He won't do shit."

Piercings sits in his spot facing me. "I'm Trisha, by the way. But mah crew call me Pierca." I roll my eyes mentally. Of course they do.

"I'm Jazmine, some people call me Jazzy," I say.

"Cool. That's Mindy, I call her blonde." she points at the cheerleader. "That's Devin," she points at Devin. "And that's Max, but we call him Tat," she points at Mr Tattoo who currently sprays the wall.

"You even have nicknames? How often are you guys detained?" I ask.

Trisha laughs. "A lot. But Devin's new, so were still dishing one out fo him."
She smiles. "Welcome to the club."

I smile back nervously. "Just for today and tomorrow."

She shrugs. "A two day membership it is then."

~•~