22) Juey Returns

~•~

Huey's Pov.

I feel so bad about making Jazmine cry, even though I don't really know why she cried. I also try to remember what happened the night of my accident, but it hurts, so much.

I walk downstairs and into the kitchen, after preparing a vegie drink I walk back into the living room just the moment Riley walks in. His shirt is soaked like he half jumped into a pool.

"The hell happened to you?" I ask him as he curses under his breath.

"The hell ya think?!" He spits back, pulling off his wet shirt. "Yo bitch being cryin' on mah ass! It wus like ah prison!" He squeezes the shirt, letting the water drip on the floor.

"Well excuse me," I say sarcastically.

He just glares at me and stomps upstairs. "I'm gon take ah shower."

I hear the door Bang! causing my drink to shake. I shake my head. I walk up to the window and look out. Lots of things go through my mind. Julia. Jazmine. The accident. Riley. I sigh. What happened to me?

Just as I'm thinking, the door to the DuBois residence opens. Jazmine walks out. She puts on a pink jacket and covers her poofy hair with the hoody. She stuffs her hands in her front pockets and walks the other direction. Huh. I wonder where shes going at this time, its around seven.

I place my shake on the table, jog upstairs to get my coat and leave, following her.

Jazmine's Pov.

I figured I shouldn't bother Riley with my problems. He had to leave some time. I walk on the pavement to the direction of the hill. I thought that maybe...it could calm my thoughts...going back to the hill. Alone.

Huey's Pov.

She walks up a hill. I wonder what she's doing up there. I follow quietly, careful not to step on leaves to stay stealthy. She walks up to a tree and disappears around it. I raise an eyebrow and follow anyway.

When I walk around, Jazmine sits leaning back on the tree with her knees brought to her chest, staring at the night sky.

"Hey Jazmine," I say. She whips her head around, but calms when she realises its me.

"Hi Huey...why're you here?"

"I could ask you the same thing," I say sitting next to her, a metre away.

She watches me. "Huey, can you...lean back on the tree with your hands behind your head?"

That's an odd question. "Why?"

"Please..."

I nod and do what she says and realise that its actually a really comfortable position! Jazmine smiles slightly, but it disappears immediately.

Ruffle ruffle.

"What was that?" Jazmine asks.

I sit up. Ruffle ruffle.

"Its coming from the tree," I figure out. After more ruffling, a squirrel appears on the branch.

Jazmine gasps. "He's back!"

The fat squirrel blinks multiple times at me, it climbs down the tree and hops onto my belly. "How cute! I think he likes you!" Jazmine squeals, making my ears hurt.

I stare at the squirrel. "Juey...?" I spit. Where did that come from?

Jazmine gasps again and looks straight at me. "You remember his name, Huey?"