55) The Distress Call

~•~

Riley's Pov.

Ion know how long we been in here, but I know its looong. Why? Well. I fell asleep and woke up again. Cass is carving the wall with the heel of her boot, the Taylors are asleep, and I can't see what Kiara's doin.

A loud creak of the metal door opening echoes loudly in the hall, revealing more light. I give a sigh of relief. I hear footsteps and one of Scar's people appear in front of my cell with a man. He holds the man's arm as he unlocks my cell with the other hand. Cassandra stands up and stares, a little lost by whether he's freeing me or not.

"Don't get your hopes up," the guard says to me, opening the cell door. He throws the man in and he lands at my feet with a loud grunt. The guard slams the door shut. He looks down at the man with disgust. "He's not going easy on you next time."

"I'll take my chances," the man grumbles, still on the floor.

The guard shakes his head before he leaves and I hear the door shut. "You aight nigga?" I ask the man on the floor.

He stands up and rubs his lower stomach. "What the hell are you doing here?" He has short black hair and brown shin. He also has brown eyes and wears clothes similar to mine, but I can't tell cause their worn out.

I suck my front teeth. "Ya think ah wanna be here?"

"Temper temper. This is my cell after all."

I stare at him. "How long you been here anyway?" Dis nigga crazy busy callin' this his cell. Its ah CELL!

He looks around and shrugs. "As long as I remember." He eyes me back. His eyes move down to my shoes and back up. He squints his eyes.

"...you're an agent," he says finally.

"Y'know the A.C.L.O.J?"

"I was apart of it after all." He holds his hand out. "C.J."

I shake his hand reluctantly. "Escobar."

He chuckles. "Escobar?"

"If you ain't tellin' me yo real name, I ain't tellin' you mine."

He shrugs. "Point taken."

"Why you here?" I ask him leaning on the opposite wall. "Me and mah team came to stop Scar, but he..."

He chuckles. "Obviously." He sighs. "I was...captured years ago. He's always being my enemy. Y'know, the Joker to my Batman. That's how much we hate each other. One night I had a thought I killed him, I mean seriously, the man had bullet holes all over him, but I was injured in the process. Right here..." He pulls his dirty white top up, but only half way to reveal a dirty bandage wrapped around him. You can see where the wound used to be because of the dry blood that absorbed in the bandage.

I look away.

He pulls his shirt down. "Yeah...it was really bad. I got rushed to the hospital by my wife and my partner. The doctors helped me, and my partner and wife fell asleep. During the night Scar came back to finish the job, he was limping...bleeding...." He shakes his head remembering the horrible sight. "But thanks to his new backup, he kidnapped me and brought me...here."

"Why ain't he killed you? That was the plan, wasn't it?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Not really. He just wanted to wound me enough to bring me here so I wouldn't fight back. Every day is the same procedure, he takes me out of this cell and interrogates me about the secrets of the A.C.L.O.J, knowing that I was the last commander. He wants access to our weapons, he wants to know where all the bases are located..." He presses his lips together. "I ain't tellin' the nigga shit," he says in his nigga language.

"And he ain't given up?"

"Nope," he says popping the 'p'. "He would've killed me already..." He chuckles. "But if he kills me? He'll never again get close to knowing the secrets of the A.C.L.O.J."

"Whoa." I slide down to the floor and he does the same thing. "And yo wife? And partner?"

"Never seen them again..." He sighs. "I had...a baby at the time, and my wife was also pregnant." He sighs again and sniffs. "Never saw them again. Shit I don't even know if the other baby is a girl or boy." He sniffs.

"....don't cry. Dat gay."

He nods. "I think the same thing." We look at eachother for a moment. "I haven't smiled in...a long time. Thank you for listening to my story, Escobar."

I nod. "Fo sho jail nigga."

~•~

Austin's Pov.

"They would've been back by now," I say on the phone. "Especially the twins."

Angela sighs on the other line. "Maybe we should check it out?"

"Just you and me? I'll get backup. I'll call Pa--"

"No. You, me and Huey," she interrupts. "I think he's had a good vacation so far. I'll drag him there if I have to. But were not going back to that base, we'll go straight to the location to save time and maybe...lives. That clear?"

"Yes commander."

"And bring all the weapons you think we'll need. Bombs, guns, sticks...I don't care, we need just enough. Were not going up against something easy."

"Alright..." I say keeping up.

She sighs on the other side. "See you later."

"Right back at ya." She cuts. Psh. If she thinks its only three of us going there against Scar and his goons, she can think again.

Commander or not. I've always being one to disobey orders...

~•~

Huey's Pov.

"I don't see why you have to leave so soon," Jazmine tells me as I pull on my jacket.

"Apparently the others were caught, including Riley, so I gotta go," I tell her. Before she speaks again, we hear a loud swishing noise outside. Jazmine and I exchange curious looks before we rush outside. Our jaws drop. Above us is a dark helicopter, similar to the one that took Riley and I to the desert. The commander sticks her head out and throws a ladder down. It lands right in front of me, I grab hold of it.

"Huey!" Jazmine yells over the noise. "I have something to tell you! Just incase!"

"I know! I'll miss you too!"

"No!" She rubs her temple in a stressful manner.

The commander motions for me to hurry. I start to climb, but Jazmine grabs my jacket. "I...I love you, Huey!"

"What?!"

"I said I LOVE YOU!"

Oh! We stare at each other until she eventually looks down and blushes. I keep holding the ladder with one hand, with the other I lean foward and hold her head up by her chin. I kiss her deeply, its short, but sweet. We kiss for a while until the helicopter rises, taking me higher and away from Jazmine. Knowing I won't hear her anymore, she waves and I wave back before climbing to the top and into the helicopter.

Jazmine's Pov.

I watch the helicopter fly away and disappear over the horizon. "Be safe..."

~•~