44) Home sour home

~•~

Back home the next day...

Jazmine's Pov.

"You comin' Jazzy?" Cindy asks me as she puts on her hoop earrings in front of my wall mirror. "I put you in da VIP list!" She's wearing a tight black, strapless dress. It's so short that it ends right under her butt. She wears the dress with gold stilettos and lets her hair down her back.

She's hosting a party at her place tonight since her mum's leaving for the evening. Aaannd she invited me. I really don't want to go though. I've been depressed these days.

"C'mon Jazzy! Lighten up!" She pulls me off my bed by my arm and makes me stand next to her in front of the mirror. "Time to get outta yo shell and shine!"

I'm wearing a dress my mum actually got me a few days ago for fancy events and crap like that. (I'd describe it but there's a pic anyway soo) She got it in green because it matched my emerald eyes. I flat ironed my hair, it streams down my back and stops just above my ass. I know its risky, Huey absolutely hates it when I straighten my hair, but I figured since he's not here I'd take the opportunity.

"I don't know, Cin," I tell her. "I'd rather stay here. I'm not really in a mood to be around crowds."

"Psh. Sho you are!" She lowers her voice. "Plus, since them Freemans ain't here, we cain have ah lil fun. Liiike..." She winks.

"Aw! Cin!" I take a step away from her. "I'm so telling Riley when they get back."

She rolls her eyes. "Naive Jazmine. You don't gettit yet? Do you? Them niggas ain't comin back."

"What? Yes they are."

"No they ain't!" She runs a hand through her hair. "Face it. They ain't contacted us once, Jazmine. Them niggas probably already found new bitches. You seen that bitch they left with? I'm sho if half da hoes thar look like har, we already been replaced."

"Huey would never--"

"All niggas are da same," she picks up her purse. "Grow up, Jazmine, befo you get hurt."

I bite my lower lip and look back at the mirror. I tighten the ribbon around my stomach and sigh. "Alright then."

~•~

Huey's Pov.

After a pleasant ride in a jet, we landed. I walk with Riley, Kiara and the commander out the airport.

"How will you get home?" The commander asks us.

"We gon take da bus," Riley says.

She glares at the both of us and stops in front of us. Riley and I make confused looks. "No A.C.L.O.J agents use public transportation."

~•~

We go home, driven in a black Mercedes. Its night now. Riley and I walk outta the car and it speeds off. I knock on the door. "Granddad!"

The door swings open in an instant. "Boys!" Granddad hugs us both with each of his arms. Riley and I don't hug him back, very surprised by his reaction. He pulls away. "How was it?"

"Well..." Riley starts.

"It sure was an experience," I finish.

"What ya'll waitin fo? An invitation? Come in come in!" He moves aside and lets us walk in. "Ya'll find any thang out?"

Riley crashes on his usual spot on the couch and sighs, "Great to be back."

"I didn't," I tell him honestly.