33) Jumping Out Of Helicopters

~•~

Angela's Pov.

I watch the clip of the boys' training. Austin stands behind me with his arms crossed over his chest. "What do you think?" he asks me.

"Good..." I say watching the boys expertly dodge paintballs. "Very good..."

"You think they're ready for a real mission?" he asks me switching off the recording with the remote.

"Not yet," I say.

"Why's that?"

"They need to learn teamwork. Huey and Riley work well together, I'm proud of them, but what about the others?"

"The others?"

"Kiara's too controlling, Cassandra is too foward and playful and the twins are always hiding in the shadows..." I throw my hands up. "There's too much distance!"

"What do you suggest then?"

I smirk at him. "Maybe we should asign them to mission after all..."

~•~

Next day...

Huey's Pov.

I miss the sun. Its only been a day, but I miss the sun. Its dark here. I can't wait till we leave. I even miss Jazmine's high pitched, 'Huey!' And Cindy's ghetto, Caesar's annoying fun personality and even Granddad's threatening to whoop Riley.

Me, Riley, Cass and Kiara walk in the main hall. For once, Kiara's not leading. We were all told to go to Doctor Jane's office.

We stop at a large door with the A.C.L.O.J sign on it. Kiara faces the computer attached to the door. "Squad 2," she says. After a few seconds the door slides open and we walk in. Jane stands up as we stop in front of his desk.

Cass and Kiara salut and greet. Riley and I just stand there. His arms on his sides and my arms crossed. Kiara clears her throat. I sigh not wanting her to snap at me again. "Doctor Jane."

The girls look expectantly at Riley. "Riley!" They both whisper.

Riley snorts and crosses his arms. "White nigga ain't nuthin ta me."

Someone who understands me! I think to myself.

Doctor Jane just clears his throat. "Where are the twins?"

"Right here."

"Damn!" Riley looks back to find the twins standing behind us. "Where wus you??"

They just smile.

Jane clears his throat again and we all turn our attention to him. "The commander has been watching your training for a while now and she thinks you two are more than capable of being field agents," he says to me and Riley. "But...she doesn't think you all work together as a teams, especially you two..." He points at the Taylor Twins.

They shrug.

"So we've made a bonding exercise," he says.

Michael glares at him. "Permission to speak, Doctor."

"Permitted."

"I don't like where this is going," he says. Kiara sighs heavily. "We've been a team for years already, and suddenly these two baits come along and we have to go through that bonding crap again?"

"Whachu call me nigga?" Riley speaks up.

"Shut it Michael," Kiara says. "It won't kill you to finally get to know your team. Deal with it."

"I'm talking to the general, Agent," he says.

"I'm an A-level Agent, so technically I am your general. You don't talk back to the Doctor, and especially not me," she challenges.

Soon the two are arguing. I expect Jane to call off the fight but he just watches with his arms crossed. "Ain't chu gonna do sumthin?" Riley asks him.

He shakes his head. "Sometimes its best to let nature take its course, Mr Freeman."

"I'm not one to ignore things," I tell him.

Jane smiles. "Then take charge. I hear your a natural born leader, show me why."

Without hesitation, I jump on the desk. I stick two fingers in my mouth and blow hard. A loud whistle reaches all corners of the room. Mike and Kiara stop fighting immediately and look at me with disbelief, seeing me on the generals desk.

"Maybe if you two could stop fighting, we'd actually know what Jane has in store for us! So shut the hell up and hear him out!" I yell.

Cass blows a low whistle. Riley just stands there the way he was before, like he's used to this anyway. Kiara pulls some hair behind her ear and looks away with her arms crossed. Matt nudges his brother and Mike glares at Kiara, who gladly returns it. Jane smiles as I hop off the desk.

"Thank you, Huey Freeman," he says. "As I was saying, we've made a bonding exercise." He looks at me and Riley. "Last time, they had to escape a burning building together, but Commander Bassett suggested something a little less...hot."

"Hol up," Riley says. "Chu say Bassett?"

"Indeed."

"Wus her first name?"

Kiara glares at him. "You can't ask questions like that, Riley!" She looks back at Jane. "Excuse him, Doctor. What does she have in store for us?"

He grins.

**********
No one's Pov.

Soon they all sit in a helicopter. On all their backs are parachutes. Riley gets a sick feeling always looking out the window, Huey sits next to him, thinking about Riley's question. Kiara sits on Riley's other side, arms crossed and glaring at Mike.

The Taylor Twins sit across them on the other bench. Cass sits between them and chats with Matt. Mike returns Kiara's intense glare.

"We've reached our destination," the pilot's voice says from the speaker. "Go go go!"

Kiara's the first to stand up. She opens the hatch and jumps with a swan dive. Cass stands next.

"Let's go bitches!" She uses a cartwheel to jump out. Riley hears her scream and shivers.

The Taylor Twins jump out together. Huey and Riley reluctantly get up and freeze when they look out and realise how high they are. Underneath them, are yards of land. Tall trees populate the area.

'Shit,' Huey thinks. 'They weren't joking when they said they'd ditch us in a forest.'

Kiaras already half way down and her parachute opens. Cass, takes her time and enjoys the breeze, "Wooooh!" She makes poses as she falls, she eventually forgets that she's actually dropping and opens her parachute last minute, she crashes in a tree. The Taylor Twins fall together at the same altitude with they legs and arms spread out. They open their parachutes at the exact same time.

"Damn! Its like dey plan dis shit!" Riley yells.

"Except for Cass!" I yell.

"Whachu waitin fo?? Jump!" He yells.

"No! I know you'll stay if I jump first! You go!" Huey yells trying to shove him out.

"Oh hell naw!" Riley fights back. Soon they try to shove each other out. Huey accidentally lets his foot stick out and he falls, but not before he grabs Riley's arm. Riley falls out with him. Both brothers scream hysterically as they drop.