24) Chris and Angie's story

~•~

Narrator's Pov.

Kiara eats a salad and Doctor Jane eats a lobster. Huey just drinks a glass of water, Riley orders ribs over and over again and Granddad struggles to cut his chicken.

"Is that all you'll have?" Kiara asks Huey. "Not even a glass of wine?"

Huey rubs his finger on the glass as he speaks. "I want to stay sober for this."

She only nods.

"Is that all you'll eat?" Huey asks back.

She nods again. "How do you think I stay thin?"

Huey just squints his eyes at her. He thinks about Jazmine's curvaceous figure and compares it to Kiaras slimness. Jazmine's pretty, she's beautiful, Kiara's got that sexy-dangerous look.

There's a difference.

Doctor Jane sips his wine. "Its been a while since I talked about this..."

All three Freemans stop their conversations and eating immediately. The white man was finally going to talk. Kiara just continues eating, like she never heard him, probably heard the story thousands of times.

Doctor Jane smiles. "We were friends from kindergarten...well, me and Christopher were...we met your mother, Angela in High School..." he laughs softly, recaping the memory. "They clicked together in an instant." His tone gets serious. "Your father joined the A.C.L.O.J at that time, because of his skills in combat, I did too, but for my intelligence, I was a trainee doctor for the A.C.L.O.J, now I'm the best. Eventually I learnt how to fight myself. Your mother didn't know about it, its a secret organisation so of course we couldn't tell her."

"Ok. Can you get to the point?" Huey demands.

Doctor Jane glares at him. "Patience will get you to many places Mr Freeman."

Riley pats his brother's back. "Chill..."

"Wut happend to my boy?" Granddad asks.

Doctor Jane sighs and runs a hand through his blonde locks. "His work eventually caught up to him...people he had dealt with in the past wanted nothing but ice cold revenge."

Years ago...

Angela lay on her bed reading a True Love magazine, her husband, Christopher browsed through the channels.

"Waahhh!" The cries of a baby echoed in the hall from the other room.

Angela and Christopher glanced at each other. "Your turn," Angela said.

Chris rolled his eyes and got up. "Psh. I'm not the one with the breast milk to shut the kid up."

Angela glared at him. He held his hands up and left the room. Angela let out a sigh as she rubbed her huge belly. "Your daddy can really be stubborn jackass at times...I hope you end up like me instead."

Meanwhile in the other room, Chris picked up the baby boy and rocked him back and forth. "What's up little man?"

Rrrrrrrr!

'Tires?' Chris thought. He walked up to window. He carried the baby with one strong arm and the other he used to move the curtain aside and look out the window. Outside a black car with no number plate parked in the middle of the road. A man with an eyepatch got out from the back seat carrying a caliber pistol.