30) In the Virtual Machine

~•~

Jazmine's Pov.

It took me and Cindy a long time to digest everything Mr Freeman told us. I couldn't understand why Huey hid all these secrets from me, the agency, Julia Andrews...or should I call her Kiara Vega? It was her fault...

It was her fault Huey forgot me.

That made my blood boil. Of course I forgave her; it wasn't done on purpose.

I sigh as I walk to my locker with Hiro. I still haven't heard from him...

"What's up, Jazmine?" Hiro asks leaning on the locker next to mine. "This about Huey?"

"Yeah..." I say pulling my books out.

He makes a sorrowful look. "Don't worry, Jazz. Y'know Huey, he probably didn't tell you for a good reason."

"Like what though?'

He shrugs. "Maybe he was protecting you."

"Or maybe he was being stubborn like usual..." I grumble.

"I doubt that."

Rrrrrrrrrr!

Me and Hiro glance at the bell. "See you lunch period?" he says.

"For sho," we fist bump and he walks away. I sigh again. I miss the boys so much that now I'm talking like one of them.

"Aye Jazmine," I turn to find Trent walking towards me. "Where's that big headed nigga?"

I glare at him. "He has a name. And if you call him big headed again you'll be the one with the big head when I'm done with you."

He smirks. "So feisty. No but seriously, is he in boarding school or somethin-?"

"Kinda..."

"That's too bad," he corners me by my locker. "Guess you're stuck with me."

"Trent, no, stop," I say trying to push him away by his chest, but he's too strong. "I'm not in the mood for your bullshit."

His hand hikes up my shirt. "Trent! Stop!"

"Come on, Jazmine. We both want this..."

"I don't."

"Aye!" Trent gets shoved to the ground by the side. "What the fu--"

"Nigga you best watch where those hands travel!" Caesar yells. "Touch her again! I dare you mother fucker! Touch her again!"

Trent stands up and rubs his arm. "Damn. Wus eatin you? She ain't even yo girl."

"She mah nigga's girl! And as long as da nigga's gone, I'm in charge here!" Caesar grits his teeth. I rush behind him.

Trent snorts. "Nigga can keep her. She white anyway."

"What the--?!" I yell. "Just now didn't you want this ass?!"

Caesar holds me back. "He ain't worth shit, Jazz." He glares at Trent. "Run bitch ass nigga. Run. Befo I beatcho ass."

Trent just glares at us and walks to class. I sigh. "Thanks, Caesar."

He smiles and pumps his fists in the air. "Yea! Brooklyn baby! What what!"

I can't help but laugh. At least some of my friends didn't abandon me.

~•~

Huey's Pov.

"Ion see why we gots to be so be so early..." Riley growls after we've been forced to wake up and dress. We both wear black baggy jeans and white t-shirts with leather jackets. He scratches his cornrows. "Da fuck we supposed to go again?"