18) Bassett

~•~

Huey's Pov.

I sprint towards Julia with my katana. Instead of dodging - like I expected - she sprints towards me as well, slides down on the concrete aiming at my legs and sweeps my legs from right under me.

I fall in a second, dropping my katana in the process. I hear her chuckle. I kick up and stand on my feet. She uses a palm-heel strike, aiming for my jaw. I grab her wrist before she hits me and pull it over my head, throwing her down. She lands hard on the ground and kicks up as quickly as I did.

She is strong.

Before I know it, she's sprinting to me again, she jumps in the air and uses a roundhouse kick on my chest. I fly back into the wall, leaving a crack there and fall to the ground. I shut my eyes. Intense pain shoots though my chest.

I crawl and take deep breaths.

"Not so tough now, are you guapo?" She says walking up to me with my katana in hand.

Shit. I try to stand but the pain in my now fragile chest stops me from making haste movements.

Deep breaths Freeman.

"Hm. You're a better fighter than the commander said you'd be."

"Commander...?" I croak.

She pushes my shoulder with the heel of her shoe, forcing me sit back and lean on the wall.

She slides her finger on the sharp blade of the katana. "I've always wanted one of these..." She says slowly. "So...sharp...so...deadly."

I shut my eyes, ready for my fate.

Instead of feeling unbearable pain, nothing happens. I open my eyes again, Julia still plays with the sword.

"Who...who are you? Really." I ask her.

She smiles at me and tosses the sword back and forth in her hands. "Tell me, guapo. Why did you come?"

"The note. I wanted to find out what the A.C.L.O.J was."

"You still do?"

"Yes."

"Very well, you passed the recruitment so it would be unfair to tell you nothing..." She puts her hand in her pocket and pulls out a badge. "My real name is Kiara Vega, A class student of my agency, soon to be commander of the A.C.L.O.J."

"So no British?"

"Pure Spanish. Julia Andrews is just my cover," she says putting away her badge. "I'm really good with accents."

"And the A.C.L.O.J?"

She smiles sweetly. "You already know too much, carino. The plan was only to beat you up and leave. Until next time, amor."

She drops the katana and gives me a swift kick to the head, leaving me to drown in darkness.

~•~
~•~
~•~

Kiara's Pov.

"You were right, Commander Bassett. He really is an expert. He impressed me."

"Did he?"

"Very much, ma'am."

Commander Bassett stands up from her chair and walks to the window. She stands there with her hands behind her back, admiring the dull view of the barracks, an ocean of sand reaches past the horizon.

She has afro-like hair like Jazmine's, tied in a curly ponytail, mocha skin similar to Huey's and brown eyes darker than choc plate. Very slim, if I might add.