59) Catching Up And Catching Feelings

~•~

Angela's Pov.

I sit on a chair next to Chris's bed. We got back to the main base.

Were in the medic room and he's laid on his back, his knee down is covered in a cast, and his leg is held up. I fluff his pillow before laying it behind his head. He sighs happily. "Been a while since I had contact with one of these."

"A pillow?"

"That's what its called?"

I laugh softly. "You know that's what its called..." My smile disappears almost immediately. "So...he kidnapped you that same night."

"Yea."

I sniff. "I'm sorry, Chris..."

"Whoa whoa whoa. What you sorry for?"

"I should've stayed up and watched you. Both me and Jane...we should've watched you. I mean of course something like that was gonna happen. I was so stu--"

"Don't you even dare finish that sentence," he interrupts sitting up, hurting his leg a little in the process. "You are not stupid. You hear me? You didn't know, I didn't tell you I was apart of a secret agency and that my nemesis was hunting me down. This was not your fault. If we should blame anyone it should be me. I risked my family..." He sighs. "I'm sorry Angela."

"But I could've--"

"Baby, you was pregnant. What the hell were you gonna do?" He takes my hand in his as a tear slides down my cheek. "Don't stress over this, aight? I'll make it up to you, I promise."

He holds it gently and brushes my knuckles with his thumb. "Angie..."

".....yeah, Chris?"

"The baby...was it a girl or boy?"

I smile sadly. "It was a boy, Chris."

I watch his reaction. He laughs softly and lays back down, still holding my hand. "I knew it! Ha ha! Baby I knew it. What's his name?"

"Riley Freeman..."

"Riley..." he whispers. "That's cute."

"Do you remember the name of our first born?"

He shakes his head in disappointment. "How could I ever forget...Huey Freeman, my boy." He shakes his head again. "He used to be such a cry baby."

"Well he rarely shows any emotion now."

Chris turns his head and looks at me seriously, making me swallow hard. "Tell me about them."

"Well...I think Riley resembles you. He talks like you....he dresses like you used to. He wants to be a gangster."

"Just like I did!"

I chuckle. "Yeah. Huey's more...quiet. Serious, he likes reading...he used to be a domestic terrorist."

"Wait. You serious...?"

I nod. "But he quit. He thinks of himself as a 'revolutionary hero'" I shake my head in amusement. "That boy..."

"What happend to them? After I left?"

I take a deep breath. I've only ever spoken about this to Austin. "....after I gave birth to Riley...I...I faked my death."

"You WHAT?"

"It was too much, Chris!" I tell him. "I always dreamt of raising my kids with their daddy! My husband!  Like one big happy family! I'm sorry, Chris. But when you disappeared I just...I broke down." Chris stares at me like I've betrayed him, his lips pressed together, as if he doesn't want to say anything harsh.