21) Cry Jazmine Cry! Cry Jazmine Cry!

~•~

Huey's Pov.

Granddad picked me up from the hospital with Riley and we drove back to Woodcrest. I remember the house and the neighbourhood, at least.

I made my first stop to my room. The homey scent enters my nostrils, suddenly I feel like I have no worry in the world.

Its like my eyes never flashed before my eyes.

Jazmine's Pov.

Knock knock knock.

"Jazmine, sweety? Please open the door," I hear my mum say on the other side.

I sit on my bed hugging my knees. I've been crying the whole time. Now I'm just staring at my covers. I sigh as my mum knocks again. There's a pause and suddenly the soft knock is replaced by banging.

"Jazzy! I'm gettin' sick of yo bullshit! Yo momma too soft now open da damn door!" Riley yells.

"Why should I? Huh?" I yell back.

"Fine. Be ah lil bitch. Imma just tell Huey dat chu ain't wanna see him!"

"Why would he wanna see me? He doesn't even remember me..."

There's a silence. "Y'know, yo mopin 'round ain't gonna bring his memory back."

I sigh and stand up. I unlock the door and open it to find a puzzled Riley, surprised that his nagging worked. I walk back to my bed and sniff, leaving the door open. "What's the point..."

I hear his footsteps echo in the room and stop at my bed. "The nurse said there wus ah possibility, Jazzy."

"Yes Riley. A possibility. What if that 'possibility' doesn't work? Then what?"

"You ain't gonna know if ya don't try," he says.

I sit up and sniff again. "I...I guess you're right..."

He snorts. "Ain't I always?"

I roll my eyes.

~•~

Huey's Pov.

I was still lying on bed when someone knocked on the door. "Come in," I say sitting up.

The door opens and that pretty mixed girl from the hospital comes in.

Jazmine.

Her cheeks and nose are light red like she's been crying the whole day. Her eyes get watery when she sees me. "H-Hi...Huey."

"Hey...uh...are you Ok?" I ask her.

Her lower lip quivers and she starts crying again. What I do? "Whoa. What's wrong? Why're you crying?"

She stutters. "Th-The Huey I knew w- would n-never ask me I-if I was Ok!!! I miss jerk Huey!!!"

"Riley! Go check if mah cutie pie alright!" I hear Granddad from downstairs.

"Why I gotta do it Granddad?! She cry all da time anyway!" I hear Riley yell.

"Boy dont make me beatcho ass! Get ova thar!"

I hear grunting for a long time and Riley appears at the door. "Wut you do dis time?!"

"I asked her what happened and she just started crying," I tell Riley as he walks into the room.

"Aye Jazzy. Quit dat whinin'!" Riley yells at the crying mulatto.

Jazmine cries for a long moment and stops, she sniffs. "I...I'm sorry...I just...HUEY!"

Both me and Riley cover our ears and grit our teeth. "Aight! Das it!" Riley picks Jazmine up and throws her over his shoulder. He walks out of the room in a rush, bumping her head against the doorframe in the process.

"Boy! Wut the hell is mah cutie pie doin' on yo shoulder!?" I hear Granddad yell.

"She ain't gon shut up Granddad! If you ain't gon do nothin' I will!"

I hear the door shut and suddenly the house is quiet. That was...interesting.

Riley's Pov.

Man dis bitch lucky I don't just leave har out here on da street! I walk across to da DuBois house and bang on the door. Tom opens in dressed in his suit, showing he just arrived from work.

He frowns. "My baby! What happened to my baby!"

"I believe dis belong to you," I say putting Jazmine back on her feet. I turn.

"Don't go! Please Riley!" Jazmine grabs da hem of my jersey. "Don't leave me!" I glare at her.

Tom holds out his arms for a hug. "You have me, darling. Come here."

Jazmine just pauses her crying and looks at him. She looks back at me and begins again. "Riley!!"

"Aight aight!" I yell pushing myself past Tom. "Damn!"

I take her hand to lead her upstairs.

"Um...Riley, don't you want to stay down here?" Tom says after clearing his throat.

Probably not wanting me to be alone with a very vulnerable bitch in a room with ah bed. I ignore him and pull her upstairs anyway. I close the door behind me. Jazmine collapses on the bed and cries into her pillow. "Huuuueeeey!"

I sigh heavily. Dis is why I chill wit tough bitches like mah C-murph.

I walk over to the bed and pat her on the back. "Uh...there...there...don't cry like ah lil bitch...."

She pulls my arm down and cries into my chest. "Oh Riley! What am I going to do!?"

I rub her back in a circular motion as I let out a sigh.

Dis gon be ah long ass night.

~•~