62) Family Booondiiing

Narrator's Pov.

People recognised Agent Freeman, a.k.a C.J. They recognised him as a previous commander and others recognised him as a legend; he was one of the best until the night he disappeared.

The agents he had worked with in his youthful days had become promoted; some were field agents, others were computer geniuses and scientists. They all recognised their old friend.

Chris was never more elated, not only had he returned home, but he had reunited with his family. He walks with his last born on the desert, telling him his adventures and how he got his reputation. An umbrella shields them from the harmful sun rays and water bottles are attached to their belt holsters to keep them hydrated. Chris misses seeing the sun, stuck in that building all those years and kept in that dark cell. "Scar didn't always have that scar."

Riley listens attentively, awestruck by his father's stories. "You gave him that scar. Didn't you?"

"Yeah....it was an accident. Kind of," he chuckles. "I actually stabbed him there."

"You fo real?!"

"Hell yeah."

Riley laughs. "As for 'accident.'"

They relate to each other greatly. Chris had the same dreams at his age; he just made more sensible choices.

~•~

Angela likes reading. She's aware of everything. She's always been quiet. One of the only differences between her and her first born, is that she smiled more often; she always smiled, especially after Chris came back.

Huey sits in her office on the corner of her desk. An open album sits on his lap as he pages through. His mother sits on her swivel chair next to him also looking into the album.

"That's me and your Aunt Cookie back at home in Chicago. I was only two months pregnant with you."

Huey turns the page with no response.

He arches his eyebrow when he sees the next picture. Chris wraps his arm around Angela's shoulder and kisses the top of her head. In his other arm is a baby grinning wildly, only with a small afro. The baby stretches his short arms towards the camera.

Huey's eyebrow drops slowly and he frowns at the picture.

Angela sees Huey's reaction and frowns. "What's wrong?"

"The picture...just think about it. We had no idea about the future that was ahead of us. The happiness....its all fake."

Angela looks at the picture and back up. "Huey, sweetie, why're you so negative?"

"Its the truth."

"Huey...that happiness is real. This was before...everything. We were happy, I mean, look at you. You're right, we didn't know what would happen...but it happened."

Huey says nothing.

"When was the last time you smiled?"

".....I don't know. When I was with Jazmine."

"Jazmine? Who's Jazmine?" Angela leans foward curiously.

"My...." He thinks it over.

"Girlfriend?" she guesses obviously.

"Sure. That."

"You seem hesitant."

"I'm not."

"You are--"

"-not."

"Tell me about her."

"Her full name's Jazmine DuBois. She's...biracial."