Chapter 1 / Prolouge

Disclaimer: I'm still deciding if I should write in POV's or not. Also, this will focus on every girl, but mostly you and Lauren. Since it is a Lauren / You book.

-----

You hung another photo up, then setting your camera down. You had a photo collage on the wall next to your bed, and lights surrounding it. Most of the pictures were landscape, or you and Camila.

"Knock knock!" Camila came into your room. "The princess has arrived!"

You ignored her, standing up on your bed, you hang the last one up. You bit your lip, hopping off your bed with a thud, and stepping back to admire it.

"Is it good?" You asked, looking at Camila.

"Yeah-yeah, it's good. But you wanna know what's even better? Me! So acknowledge me!" Camila said, grinning.

You rolled your eyes, getting on your knees and bowing down, "Oh Princess Camila! How glad I am to see you! We've missed you in," you sighed. "In butterfly kingdom!"

Every time Camila came over, this was the first thing you two would do. Well, Camila made you.

"I know," Camila flipped her hair. "You missed me because I'm fabulous." She sat on your bed.

"Sure," you chuckled. "Whatever you say, Cabello."

----

Lauren huffed as she set the basket of clothes on her bed. Lauren felt like she just carried 10 pounds of rocks up the stairs! But in reality, it was only clothes.

Lauren sat on her bed, panting.

"I am not that fat," Lauren muttered. "Why am I out of breath?" She looked at the basket of clothes. "Oh, it's because I have so much clothes."

She stood up, going to open her curtains, since it's dark in her room. She opened them, then looked outside. Across her window was your house - and your room happened to be right across from Lauren's.

She silently laughed, seeing you on your knees, bowing to Camila. She watched as Camila flipped her hair and said something, then sitting on your bed.

----

It's Monday. The most dredging day of the week. You left earlier every day, since you walked to school.

You didn't mind walking, though it'd be nice to have a car. Walking gives you and chance to take pictures of things. Even simple things like flowers.

You wore black skinny jeans, a white v-neck shirt, a blue Demi jacket, Black Doc Martens and a black beanie. You had a blue and black messenger bag slung around your body. Your camera was hanging from your neck.

You sighed as you stepped foot into the school. You didn't mind school. You don't like it, nor love it. To you, high school seems like an obstacle. It's only keeping you from succeeding. That's why you don't get involved with any love drama or friend drama. That'll only keep you distracted from getting good grades.

Unlike Lauren, who is involved with a lot of drama, she doesn't care about her future - at least, not yet. Lauren thinks it easy - she'll graduate high school, go to college and study whatever she wants, then graduate that and start making money.

Dinah watched as you walked down the hall, then speaking, "That girl is weird. Y/N, is it?"

"I don't think she's weird," Ally spoke up. "I think she just wants to get through high school without any complications."

"Still, isn't high school a one time thing? Shouldn't it be the best four years of your life?" Normani disagreed, shaking her head.

"That's you, Mani.  Not Y/N. People are different," Lauren said, closing her locker. "But yes, high school is a one time thing."

----

Everyday, at the same time, you notice that Brad goes over to Lauren and asks her out. And everyday, at the same time, she declines him.

You glanced at the clock, 1:02 PM. Brad just arrived at Lauren's locker. You silently laughed to yourself, shaking your head.

Kid will never take no for an answer. You think to yourself before returning to your camera.

Dinah saw you staring at Lauren and Brad. She sees you stare at them everyday. Dinah was about to go over there, when her crush comes up to her.

"Hey Dinah!" Camila smiled at Dinah. "Here's your pencil back, thanks for letting me use it!"

"U-uh," Dinah cleared her throat. "Yeah. No problem." Camila smiled at her once last time, before jogging over to Y/N.

"Why don't you just tell her?" Normani asked. "I mean, even a blind person can tell you like her."

"Except for her." Dinah sighed. "She doesn't even know I like her."

That's another reason why Dinah notices you. Because of Camila. It's obvious that Camila is your only friend. She found that out when she was at Lauren's house, since you two lived across from each other.

That gives Dinah an idea.

"Lauren!" Dinah exclaimed, scaring the other girls. "You have to ask Y/N if Camila likes anyone!"

"What?" Lauren made an odd face. "Why me? Why can't it be..I don't know, Ally?" Ally rolled her eyes.

"Because you live across from Y/N! She probably knows you more. Plus, you have every class with her." Dinah pointed out.

"No."

"Pleasee!" Dinah begged, giving the puppy eyes.

"No." Lauren shook her head.

"Pretty please with a cherry on top!" Dinah gave even more puppy eyes.

Lauren sighed, "Fine. I'll see what I can do."

----

New story blah blah blah

I'm trying something different

-Gracie.

edited : 12/27/16