Chapter 46

Lauren sighed and watched from afar as you and Zayn talked. Lauren felt jealous, but she knows you're gay. Yet, she still can't help the hatred growing toward Zayn. Lauren finished stacking the cups, then turned. around, only to bump into Louis.

"Woops, sorry Lauren," he apologized.

"It's fine," she mumbled, keeping her eyes on you and Zayn. She sighed once more.

---

William nervously glanced down at his lap, then back up to Gloria. Gloria had blonde hair and blue eyes. She smiled at William, noticing his nervousness.

"Is everything okay, Will?" Gloria asked, worried written over her face. William didn't respond, instead, he stood up, "Will?"

He swallowed, though his throat was dry.

"Gloria," William started, taking a shaky breath, "I've known you for about 4 or 5 months now. And, I love you. I love you so much that I can see a future between the two of us. I can see more kids - only if you want that. I can see us living together with Y/N, Brad and Natalie. So..what I'm saying is," Will took out a black box, kneeling down on one knee, "Will you marry me?"

---

Camila smiled and took Shawn's hand, walking inside of your household. Shawn smiled at the contact and closed the door behind them.

Camila looked around, noticing a familiar boy.

"Liam?" Camila questioned, shock. Liam turned around and grinned.

"Mila! I haven't seen you in ages!" Liam exclaimed, walking over and hugging the younger girl, "Who is this?" he looked at Shawn.

"This is Shawn," Camila introduced, "He's my date."

Shawn smiled politely, "Nice to meet you, Liam."

"You too, Shawn," Liam returned the gesture.

"If you're here, does that mean -"

"Camila!" Niall ran over to her picking her up and squeezing her tightly.

Camila giggled, "Niall!"

---

"Lights out!" you shouted, the lights turning off. You hid behind the wall. William and Gloria should be home any minute now. Lauren was on the other side of the room.

The door opened, and the lights flickered on, "Surprise!" Gloria screamed and jump, then placing her hand over her heart and laughing.

"You guys! You almost gave me a heart attack!" Gloria exclaimed, smiling. You chuckled and walked over to her.

"Sorry, Aunt Glo. But happy birthday," you hugged her, her hugging you back.

"Hey! Don't forget about me!" Harry shouted.

"Harry!? You're home!" Gloria grinned, hugging Harry.

"And us!" the other four boys joined the hug. You retreated from the hug, standing back and smiling. Aunt Gloria had a close bond with the other four boys.

"When do you guys have to go back?" Gloria asked once the hug was over.

"Tomorrow, sadly," Niall pouted.

"Oh, well lets make the best out of today!"

---

Harry was humming to himself in the kitchen, picking at the food. Harry turned around, only to bump into someone. He looked to see William.

"Oh, you must be William," Harry said, standing up straighter, "I'm Harry."

"Ah, Harry!" William smiled, "I've heard a lot of good things about you. You're in the navy, correct?"

"Yes, sir," Harry politely responded, "And you're dating my aunt, correct?"

"Yes, she's a lovely woman,"

"Yeah, I know," Harry muttered, "That's why I want you to know if you hurt her, I will not hesitate to hurt you back. She's been through a lot. So treat her well."

William raised an eyebrow at Harry. Harry shrugged, then walked pass William and out of the kitchen. He only wanted the best for his aunt.

---

The whole party, you've been hanging out with Zayn. Besides Harry, you were close with Zayn. He was like your third brother. Well, now since Ashton died, he's like your second brother. You walked away from Zayn, spotting Lauren on the couch, eating shrimp while looking down at the floor.

You set down next to her, "Hey Laur."

"Oh, so now you want to talk to me?" Lauren mumbled, not looking up.

You furrowed your eyebrows and frowned, "What?"

Lauren sighed, setting her plate down on the counter. She looked up at you, grabbed your hand and led you to the restroom. She shut and locked the door behind you.

"You've been hanging out with Zayn all day!" Lauren exclaimed, now that you two are in private, "I've been waiting patiently, I've been tolerating you and Zayn all day! It's like you're his girlfriend. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in love with you!"

You stayed quiet, shocked by Lauren's out burst. You regained yourself, realizing she's jealous. You couldn't help it, but a smile formed on your face at her jealousness.

"Are you smiling? Is this some sick joke?" Lauren questioned, frustrated.

"Lauren -"

"If so, please tell me now! Because I'm not going to have my heart brok-"

"Lauren!" you cut her off, "You're jealous. I don't like Zayn. I don't want Zayn. I don't need Zayn. I like you. I want you. I need you, Lauren. You have nothing to be jealous about. Scratch that, I don't like you, I fucking love you."

Lauren froze, and her eyes widened. You just said the 'L' word. You just said you loved her. Do you regret it? No.

"I - I love you too, Y/N," Lauren let out a deep breath, then pressing her lips to yours.

---

"Excuse me! But I have an announcement to make!" William shouted, standing on top of the stairs. Most of the people have left. It's only you, Lauren, Harry, the boys, Brad, Natalie, Shawn and Camila. And Gloria, of course. William's friends have left.

Gloria smiled and stood next to William. You stood next to Lauren.

"I'd - we," William gestured between him and Gloria, "Have something to say. We're," he glanced at Gloria, "We're engage."

Your eyes widened, and you heard a glass shatter. Brad's glass dropped from his hand, landing in front of him. Harry clenched his fists. You froze. You had no reaction. Natalie was the first to start clapping, then the boys and Shawn.

Camila and Lauren turned towards you, their eyes wide. Brad is practically going to become your brother. Gloria looked at Harry, then you. She noticed the pissed off look on both of yours and Harry's face. She took a deep breath and forced a smile.

You walked out of the house without a word, slamming the door shut.

///

edited - 8/19/17

snapchat : graciejbands

- gracie 💓