Chapter 21

Dinah stared at Zendaya, while Zendaya looked down at the table. They were both sitting outside of the school, where tables were set up around the entrance.

"You left," Dinah spoke up, breaking the silence, "I was worried."

"Yeah, well now I'm fine," Zendaya replied, running a hand through her hair.

"That's not the point," Dinah muttered, "You left. You can't just leave someone to worry, Zendaya!"

Zendaya was quiet for a moment, knowing that Dinah was right, "I'm sorry."

---

You heard music playing from Lauren's room, waking you up. You yawned, noticing Camila had left.

You stood up, stretching. You walked over to the window, to see Lauren drawing something.

Lauren still hasn't talked to you, but she has been thinking. You did take her to your place, a special place. Where no one else has been before. And you did take time you set everything up.

Lauren sighed, turning her music down. She closed her sketch pad and stood up. Lauren turned around, locking eyes with you. You smiled at Lauren, but all Lauren did was sigh again and close  her curtains.

---

"I bet he did take my money," Ally said as she sat on Normani's bed, "He was the last one in my room."

"It's Brad, of course he took it," Normani lightly laughed, sitting next to her, "How are you and Troy?" Normani didn't like asking her this question, because she was jealous, but she had too. Ally was her best friend.

A smile appeared on Ally's face at the mention of her boyfriend's name, "He asked me to be his girlfriend the other day. I said yes."

Normani frowned, "Really?" she feigned a smile, "Congratulations."

---

Lauren knocked on your front door. You got up from your bed, and sighed as you walked down the stairs. Your aunt was out -- again.

You opened the door to see Lauren. You opened your mouth, but then closed it, not knowing what to say.

Lauren didn't say anything either, she just looked at you. Her plan was to come over here and forgive you and talk about everything, but now that she's here, she doesn't know what to say.

"I-uh-sorry," Lauren stammered, turning around. She began to walk away.

"Lauren - wait," you said, causing her to pause. Lauren turned around, now facing you. You took a deep breath, "I miss you."

"I miss you too." Lauren quietly responded.

"Then come back to me," you muttered.

All Lauren has to do is say okay. All she has to do was forgive you. And she wanted to.

"Okay."

---

Dinah and Zendaya sat in quiet. Neither of them had said a word. The only sound to be heard were their breathing, and cars occasionally passing by.

"You said you live alone," Dinah spoke up, "How'd you enroll here?"

Zendaya lightly laughed, "I'm not stupid. I know how to enroll in school. I got a job. I'm turning my life around."

"Yeah, but you have nowhere to live," Dinah mentioned.

"I can find a place,"

"You probably have what? A couple of dollars? You can't afford a motel with that money," Dinah retorted.

"So what do I do? Live in a box?"

"No," Dinah shook her head, turning to look at her, "Live with me."

---

Ally had went downstairs to get her and Normani some food and something to drink. Brandon walked passed his sister's room, but returned when he saw Normani.

Normani was looking down at the bed, fiddling with the comforter.

"Do you like her?" Brandon spoke up, causing Normani to jump.

"What?" Normani looked at Brandon.

"My sister," Brandon said, "Do you like her? As in a crush?"

Normani furrowed her eyebrows, then sighed, "Is it that obvious?"

Brandon chuckled, "Not to Ally, she's oblivious. But I like you better than that Troy guy. So just, I don't know, tell her you like her. Trust me, it works," Brandon winked at Normani before going back to his room.

"Only if it was that easy," Normani mumbled to herself.

///

edited - 8/17/17

snapchat : graciejbands

again, message me !! i need friends !! i don't have a life !!

- gracie 💗