Chapter 23

Normani stared at her locker. She's been contemplating on whether or not to tell Ally that she liked her. So far, she's leaning toward no. But then she remembered what Brad had said. If you want something, you have to take it.

But is she really going to listen to Brad? The guy who is a jerk to everyone? The guy who most likely stole Ally's money? The guy who tries to hook-up with every breathing thing?

Yes, she is.

---

You opened your locker, a note falling from it. You sighed and picked it up, unfolding it. Nice, neat handwriting was on the note.

I know you probably don't want to hear from me. But Y/N, your dad, he seemed fine. He seemed like he was happy. He came home everyday happy and cheerful. In fact, I didn't even know you existed. I knew he was divorced, but not with a child. Anyways, I'm sorry.

-Amber.

You looked up from the letter, your eyebrows furrowed. You put the letter in your pocket, shutting your locker.

You sighed, looking up and seeing Amber walking with friends. She looked over and locked eyes with you, but quickly retreating them.

---

"Hey Ally, can we talk?" Normani quietly asked. Ally looked up at her.

"Yeah, everything okay?" Ally asked, concern written all over her face.

Normani didn't answer, instead, she grabbed Ally's hand and led her to the restroom. Once they got into the restroom, Normani looked under the stalls to see if anyone was using them. No one was.

Normani took a deep breath and turned to Ally, who looked confused and concern.

"I-" Normani swallowed, though her throat was dry, "I-crap."

"Mani? You can tell me anything,"

"I like you," Normani choked out, "L-Like, erm, m-more than a friend."

---

"Alright," Dinah clapped her hands together, "I have a Chinese menu and a pizza menu, which do you want?" she handed the two menus to Zendaya.

Zendaya chuckled and took the two.

"Pizza," Zendaya decided, "I like mine plain."

Dinah grinned, "Okay."

---

You, Lauren and Hailee were in your room. Hailee and Lauren were talking, while you were staring at your desk.

You couldn't stop thinking about Amber. Technically, she was your little sister. Not by blood, but your father did raise her. She's your step-sister, basically. And Rene is your step-mother. No. No one could ever replace your mother. Not even Aunt Gloria.

"Y/N? You okay?" Lauren asked, grabbing your hand. You looked at your hands, then Lauren.

"Yeah, I'm fine," you lied, faking a smile.

---

Ally stared at Normani, speechless. Neither of them had said a word yet. Normani, again, remember what Brad said. If you want something, then take it.

So, Normani did the only thing she could think of. She kissed her.

Normani firmly placed her lips on Ally's, softly kissing her. Normani felt sparks, butterflies and fireworks. Ally gave in and kissed back, closing her eyes.

Normani slowly pulled back, opening her eyes. Ally was in daze, her eyes still closed and her mouth slightly parted.

Normani looked at Ally, fear rushing over her. She ran out of the restroom, scared of what Ally had to say. Ally opened her eyes at the sound of the door closing. Normani was nowhere to be seen.

Ally looked at herself in the mirror, eyes wide as she just realized what happened. She kissed someone else that wasn't Troy. She kissed her best friend. In the restroom. And it wasn't Troy. It was Normani.

///

edited - 8/17/17

snapchat : graciejbands

i still hate how short these chapters are

- gracie 🌚