Chapter 59

*A Month Later - Summer Time : Lauren's Birthday*

Lauren sat at a table. Her parents and friends had set up this huge birthday bash in their back-yard. People were dancing and drinking punch - no, not spiked punch - because her parents were there. Her parents stayed out of the way, not wanting to embarrass Lauren. It was her 18th birthday, and next year, she was going to Miami U.

Normani, Ally, Dinah, Camila, Lauren, Hailee, and Zendaya had also gotten into Miami U. None of the girls - except for Camila, have talked to you. They were too mad and upset at you for leaving. Camila kept you updated on all of their lives.

Cara and Kendall left Miami and went to L.A to start their modeling career. Cara and you still talk, but not much. Dinah and Zendaya are still dating. Camila and Shawn broke up, Shawn moved to a different state, and Camila didn't bother finding out where. Luis failed senior year and is re-doing it. Normani and Ally are the best of friends again, but they haven't talked about having a relationship.

Lauren hasn't dated anyone since you. Since you've left, Lauren has found out that she's in love with you. You also haven't dated anyone, because Lauren was the love of your life. At your new school, girls would throw themselves at you, but you pushed them aside. Brad and you have been getting along, and you two are practically siblings. Brad had apologized for everything he's done, and he promised to be a better guy - since he is also going to Miami U.

"C'mon Lauren!" Dinah pulled Lauren up, "Stop sulking around and dance! It's your 18th birthday! You're an adult now!"

"I know, I just, I miss her D,"  Lauren sighed. Only Camila knows that you are going to Miami U too.

Dinah snorted, "You miss her D?"

Lauren rolled her eyes, glaring at Dinah, "Shut up, Dinah."

---

You and Brad were packing the car. You guys were getting ready to drive to the airport. You and him were flying down to Miami.

"College," Brad sighed out, "It better be better than high school."

"Tell me about it," you mumbled, "I'm kinda' nervous though."

"Why?" Brad asked, shutting the trunk.

"I'm going to see Camila and my ex-girlfriend there, Brad," you told him. Before Brad could say anything, William and Gloria came out. Harry was still on the ship, and he'll be coming home in two months.

"You two are so grown up!" Gloria exclaimed, giving you and Brad a hug, "I'm going to miss you."

"We'll miss you too," you chuckled, and Brad nodded.

"Try to visit us at least once a month," Brad told them, and they nodded, "We should go before we miss our flight."

---

As you and Brad set in the plane, you realized the date. You quickly got out your phone before they tell you to put it up.

"What are you doing?" Brad asked. You clicked on Lauren's contact.

"Even though Lauren doesn't text me back, she does read the messages," You told Brad, "Today is her birthday. And I need to text her happy birthday before they tell us to turn our phones off."

You: I know you don't respond, but I do know you read them. I just wanted to say I miss you and happy 18th birthday. I hope you have a great birthday. xoxo - Y/N.

---

Lauren felt her phone vibrate in her back pocket. She excused herself from Dinah, walking away and getting her phone out. She saw that it was from you and opened it. She read the message, a small smile forming on her face. Lauren, for once, decided to text you back.

Lauren: Hi..and I miss you too. thank you.

She put her phone up, putting it in her back pocket.

"Who was that?" Normani asked.

"It was Y/N," Lauren said, causing the girls to look up, "She said happy birthday." Camila grinned, happy that you remembered, "And she said she misses me."

---

You turned your phone off, putting it away.

"You okay?" Brad asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

///

edited - 9/3/17

snapchat : graciejbands

-gracie