Chapter 15

"I can't believe Aunt Gloria is dating Brad's dad," Camila said as the two of you walked into the school.

"Don't mention it, please," you groaned. You and Camila reached your locker. You opened it, then out your things in it.

"Hey Y/N and Camila! How was your Aunt's boyfriend?" Lauren came up to you and asked. You groaned once more, resting your forehead on the locker.

"William's child is Brad Simpson," Camila explained.

"Oh..ew."

---

"Today, we will be working our projects for the whole bell," Mr. Jefferson announced, "You only have about two more weeks, get stared."

You got up from hour seat and sat down next to Lauren. By now, everyone was comfortable with their partners, even Ally, whose partner was Brad.

The door to the classroom, revealing the guidance counselor and a brown haired girl.

"Oh, class I forgot!" Mr. Jefferson got up from his desk, "As you know, that's Mrs. Ruff, and this is our new student, Hailee Steinfeld. Now, since Hailee is new, she needs to be put in a group. So there will be one group of three."

Hailee stood in front of the class, books in her hands and her gaze on the floor. She had a small blush on her face, since everyone was looking at her.

You shrugged, not really caring. Though, you don't want her to be in your group. You weren't really good with strangers, or anybody. You've just grown comfortable with Lauren and Camila.

"Hailee, you'll be with.." Mr. Jefferson trailed off, his eyes scanning the classroom, "Y/N and Lauren."

Your head snapped up, and your eyes burned into Mr. Jefferson's skull. This is the second time he has put you in this situation. First with Lauren, and now with Hailee. He knows you didn't like to socialize or talk with anybody. And this project was all about getting to know each other and talk with each other.

Lauren smiled at Hailee, welcoming her to the table. Hailee shyly set down, setting her books down.

"Hi Hailee, I'm Lauren," Lauren introduced herself. You stayed quiet, causing Lauren to roll her eyes, "And that's Y/N."

"Hi," Hailee timidly responded.

"Alright, do you have any siblings?" Lauren inquired.

"Yeah," Hailee smiled, "His name is Griffen."

---

Camila glanced at your table, and Hailee and Lauren were only talking. You were scribbling on a piece of paper.

"Hey," Dinah soft voice said, "She's okay. Y/N can take care of herself."

Camila wasn't worried about how you were doing with Hailee. She was worried about how you're coping with the fact that Aunt Gloria is dating Brad's dad.

"I know she can," Camila mumbled, looking away and back at Dinah, "But sometimes I just worry."

---

"What's up with you glaring at Y/N? I know she beat you up and all, but I thought you were over that," Ally said, raising an eyebrow.

Brad glanced at Ally, "My dad is dating her Aunt."

"She doesn't live with her parents?" Ally asked.

"No," he shook his head, "Her mother is dead. And I don't know about her dad."

---

"Where are you taking Ally next?" Normani asked, looking at Troy. He looked up from his paper.

"I don't know yet," he said, "I'm still planning that out."

"She really likes you." Normani said, glancing over at Ally.

Troy grinned, "Good thing I really like her as well."

Normani frowned as the two looked at Ally.

---

By now, Hailee was all chattery with Lauren. It's like Lauren completely forgot about you, making you upset.

Once the bell rung, you quickly packed your things up. Your chair screeched as you got up, causing Lauren to look at you. You stormed out of the room.

"What's wrong with her?" Hailee asked, "She's really quiet."

Lauren looked at Hailee as she swung her bag over, "Once you get to know her, she's really awesome."

---

edited - 8/17/17

snapchat : graciejbands

add me, let's start a streak or whatever ^^

-gracie