Chapter 43

You slowly opened your eyes, then smiling and looking down at Lauren. Lauren's head was on your chest, her breathing soft. You two had a lot of fun last night. Sure, it was painful at first, since Lauren was a virgin, but then came the pleasure. The love and passion of your bodies meshed together.

And as you laid in your bed with Lauren, you couldn't help but think, I'm in love with this girl.

---

Shawn pulled up to the small dine in restaurant. Shawn knew that Camila was a sucker for these type of restaurants. The old 50s theme with booths and everything. Camila had a big smile on her face once she saw where Shawn had brought her.

Shawn, quickly shutting the car off, exited the car and jogged over to the other side. He opened the door for Camila, who smiled politely at Shawn and got out of the car.

"Thanks," Camila thanked Shawn, who nodded and smiled as Camila took his hand.

---

Ally walked into the local café, where she knew Brad would be. Even though he gave the money back, she wanted to shout at him. She found him in the corner of the shop, where Brad is on his phone. Ally stormed over there, then standing in front of the table.

Brad, seeing a shadow, looked up. He put his phone down.

"Ally, I'm guessing you got the money?" Brad asked, getting straight t the point.

"Yes! Speaking of which - why would you even think about taking my mo-"

"It's personal, Ally," Brad stood up, putting his phone in his jacket. "You wouldn't understand, you have a perfect life. Perfect family. You have two people that are in love with you, yet you can't choose one. Sooner or later, those people are going to move on from you. So..you're actually lucky that people like you."

And with that, Brad walked away, leaving a confused Ally.

---

"Perfect? My life isn't perfect," Ally scoffed to herself as she walked around the park, "I'm anything but perfect. Sure, my family is going well. And people not liking Brad? He brought that onto himself. He's the douche, not me."

"If I didn't know any better, I would think you're going crazy," Ally's head snapped up. "Talking to yourself while walking around."

"Shut up, Brandon," Ally sighed out. "Brad did take my money, and he did return it."

Brandon hummed in response, "What's the situation between you, Normani and Troy?" Unlike other sibling relationships, Ally can trust Brandon not to tell their parents.

"Normani and I, well, at the prom..we kinda erm, had sex," Ally quietly said, "And Troy found out."

Brandon let out a small laugh, "That sucks."

"Yeah," Ally sighed, "It does."

---

Camila gasped once she saw a karaoke machine. Shawn, hearing her gasp, looked at what she was looking at.

"No," Shawn stated, shaking his head.

"C'mon Shawn, please!" Camila pouted.

Sighing, Shawn nodded, giving in, "One song."

Camila grinned and stood up, grabbing Shawn's hand and pulling him over to the machine. She scrolled through the songs, then clicking on one. It was Better With You, by This Wild Life.

Shawn:

I swear I see the seasons change

More often than I see your face

November came and went

The summer left without a trace

And I'm left with distance on my mind

Was it me that caused you to just pack up and leave?

When you did, you took everything

I just hate seeing you without me

I'm better with you, you're better with me

I still miss all our nights

Even fights were all better with you

You're better with me

There is nobody else who can love me the way that you do

Better than you

I still miss all our days and the way you would carry me through

I'll carry you, too

There is nobody else who could love you the way that I do

Who can love you the way that I do?

You filled my place with his embrace

His touch was cold, you never came

You filled a hole that's in my soul

I wish you felt the same

But is it too late for things to change?

Camila:

It was you, because leaving is just what you do

When you finally got something to lose

Shawn:

I just don't feel the same without you

Both:

I'm better with you, you're better with me

I still miss all our nights

Even fights were all better with you

You're better with me

There is nobody else who can love me the way that you do

Better than you

I still miss all our days and the way you would carry me through

I'll carry you, too

There is nobody else who could love you the way that I do

Who can love you the way that I do?

Shawn:

If there's a way for us to learn to forgive

There's nothing that I wouldn't give

There's still a space that I have buried away

It's deep in my heart, it's always your place

I'm better with you, you're better with me

I still miss all our nights

Even fights were all better with you

You're better with me

There is nobody else who can love me the way that you do

Better than you

I still miss all our days and the way you would carry me through

I'll carry you, too

There is nobody else who could love you the way that I do

Who can love you the way that I do?

Once the song ended, the two were out of breath. Camila was right in front of Shawn, their breathing heavy. Shawn stared down into Camila's eyes, as Camila stared up into his. The sound of clapping snapped them out of their trance.

Camila and Shawn turned toward the restaurant, smiling and thanking them before returning to their booth.

///

edited - 8/19/17

snapchat : graciejbands

- gracie 💓