Chapter 36

"Y/N is an asshole," Cara told Hailee as the two sat in Hailee's room, "All I did was thank her for sticking up for me, she couldn't even accept the thank you."

"You get used to it," Hailee said, shrugging. "When I first came here, she was mean to me, but then she got comfortable with me around. Her best friend is Camila, and her girlfriend is Lauren."

Cara scoffed, "I'm surprised she has a girlfriend. She seems so..uptight? Yeah."

Hailee shrugged again, "Apparently she trusts Lauren."

---

Dinah looked at her phone when it started ringing. The caller I.D was unknown. She hesitated to answer it, but she did.

"Hello?" Dinah spoke.

"Dinah, hey!"

It was Normani.

"Normani? Why the hell haven't you called any of us?" Dinah asked.

Normani sighed, "I've been busy with unpacking and stuff. I would've, but yeah."

Dinah frowned, "Oh. Ally has been asking a lot about you. Like, she calls you everyday, but you don't answer."

"I - well, uh. I kinda lost my phone," Normani silently laughed, "I was at the airport and it fell out of my pocket without me knowing. And, I only noticed that it was missing when I was in Texas."

"You're an idiot," Dinah chuckled, "But, what's going on between you and Ally? She seems really concerned about you."

Normani groaned, "If I tell you, you promise you won't tell Lauren and the others?"

"I pinkie promise."

"Well - you see, Ally and I may of kissed once or twice,"

"That explains why Ally and Troy broke up." Dinah stated.

"What?" Normani questioned, shock evident in her voice, "They broke up? When?"

"Like, a month right after you left," Dinah told her.

Normani groaned and didn't respond, until her mother called her down, "Listen, Dinah. I have to go, but don't tell the others that I called you, please?"

"Rodger that! I'll talk to you later?"

"Yeah."

---

Camila entered your room, where you and Lauren were cuddled up on your bed. You looked up, hearing someone entering your room.

"Oh, hey Camila," you smiled at her.

"Hi Y/N and Lauren," Camila greeted the two of you, sitting down on your chair, "What're you guys doing?"

"Just laying here and talking," Lauren said, sitting up.

"What's wrong?" you asked, noticing the upset look on your best friend's face.

Camila sighed, "I don't know if I like Austin or Shawn. They're both great guys, but Austin is dating Becky. And Shawn? I don't know if he likes me back."

"I think you should go with your gut feeling," you started, "Who do you like more? Austin or Shawn - you obviously like Shawn more. I know that because you two hang out a lot. And if you go out with Austin, he'll have to choose between you and Becky."

"But isn't that going with the safer choice?" Camila asked.

"Yeah," you said, "But that's what I'd do if I had to choose, or if I was straight."

"Lauren? What do you think?" Camila questioned, looking at Lauren.

Lauren shrugged, "You should just go with whoever you feel more comfortable around. Like, who makes you more happy? Who makes your day? Who makes your face light up when you see them?"

Camila groaned, "I don't know. Both. I - ugh. Boys are complicated."

"That's why I like girls better," you chuckled, winking at Camila.

///

edited - 8/18/17

snapchat : graciejbands

- gracie 💓