Chapter 17

"I heard that Y/N asked you out," Dinah brought up.

"Wait - Y/N as in Y/N L/N?" Ally questioned.

Lauren nodded with a blush on her face, "Yeah."

You were walking down the hall, listening to Camila ramble about her teddy bear. You looked over across the hall, locking eyes with Lauren. You smiled and winked at her as you reached your locker.

"Did she just wink at you?" Normani whispered.

"Are you even paying att - of course not, Lauren is across the hall," Camila rolled her eyes.

"And I don't want to hear about your teddy bear," you honestly stated.

"Rude."

---

"Hey Laur," you said as you set down, "A quick question, what is your ideal date?" you gave a small smile, a blush forming on your face.

"Anything you do will be fine, Y/N," Lauren softly laughed.

The thing is, you've never been on a date. You've never been on one or took someone out before.

"Yeah - about that, I've never been oh eh, a date before," you admitted, scratching the back of your neck.

Lauren smiled at you, "I'm sure whatever you do will be perfect. You got this."

---

You told Lauren to wear something comfortable. She's wearing blue high-wasted jeans and a white crop top. You're wearing black jeans, a red polo shirt and red vans. You also have your leather jacket on.

You knocked on Lauren's front door, your right hand clutching the stem of the rose you got her. To say you were nervous was an understatement. You were terrified - in a good way, if that's possible.

Lauren opened the door, smiling at you.

"Uh-here," you stammered, handing her the rose. You then looked her up and down, "You l-look beautiful."

Lauren blushed, "Thank you."

---

You pulled up to the forest, parking. You looked over at Lauren, who had confusion plastered on her face as she looked at the trees surrounding the area.

"You aren't planning to murder me, are you?" she couldn't help but ask.

"No," you shook your head, a smile on your face, "That comes into play on the third date."

"Oh?" Lauren said, eyebrow raised, "So there will be a second and third?"

"'Maybe," you shrugged, getting out of the car and jogging over to her side. You opened the door for her, "Now let's get this date started, yeah?"

---

Lauren lightly gasped once you reached your destination. There was a open area with no trees or rocks, just grass. In the middle of it all, there was a red pick-up truck. The back of it had blankets and pillows, then a laptop with Netflix on it. Snacks and drinks were placed all around it. You'd been charging the laptop all day long.

You smiled at Lauren, taking her hand and leading her to the trunk. You gave her a hand as she climbed into it, you following after her.

"Wow," Lauren murmured, "This is..this is awesome."

Lauren was in awe.

"Thanks," you blushed, scratching the back of your neck, a nervous habit of yours that Lauren picked up, "I didn't really know what to do..so.."

"Hold on," Lauren said, "I hope you didn't plan Netflix and chill."

You looked at her confused, "What's that?"

Lauren smiled, "Nothing."

---

You turned your head to look at Lauren, who's eyes were trained on the screen. Whenever something bad or scary happened, Lauren would squeeze your hand. Whenever something funny or happy happened, she'd rub her thumb over your hand. You've noticed all of this. And you like that she's affectionate, because other people wouldn't touch you - unless it's Camila or your aunt.

"Hey!" A voice boomed, causing you to look away from Lauren, "This is private property! You're trespassing!"

"Fuck," you mumbled, hurriedly shutting the laptop and grabbing it.

"Y/N? What's going on?" Lauren asked. You looked into the forest to see a flashlight shining.

"C'mon Lauren!" you whispered shouted, hoping out of the trunk. You gave her your hand. "Run!"

--

You did know that you two were trespassing, but nobody usually checked the area. You always went there to be alone, and never once had you gotten caught.

You and Lauren were in your car. Both of your hands were on the steering wheel, the car silent. You could tell Lauren was upset.

"Laur-"

"Shut up and take me home," Lauren demanded, not daring to look at you. You sighed and nodded.

Once you got to her house, you parked.

"Lauren pleas-"

Lauren didn't listen. She got out of the car, slamming the door shut. You watched her walked into her house, not once did she look back at you.

You sighed again, and looked at the passenger seat. In the seat was the rose you gave her. She didn't take it in, making you frown.

Fuck, you thought, I screw everything up, don't I?

///

edited - 8/17/17

snapchat : graciejbands

-gracie 🌝