Chapter 5

Ariella's p. o. v

recap;
Should I check it? I don't want to get up.

I groaned and pushed myself off my bed, taking my heels off as I walked towards my phone.

" Do you need a babysitter babe? The boy just wanted your number," The text message said.

I shouldn't of gotten up.

present;

I stood shocked looking at my phone screen.
Was this the boy? I don't think it is, it has to be someone else who's messing with me.

" Who's this!? " I sent back as I nervously waited for a reply. It felt like years, but I finally got a reply.

" We met a few days ago," The text read.

You couldn't of just said your name?

I decided to not reply. I tossed my phone somewhere in my room as I walked into my closet. I pulled on some leggings that made my ass look great, a sports bra that showed how great my boobs are, a jacket over that, and then I pulled on my Nike Roshes.

I pulled my hair up into a ponytail, causing it to be mid-back now. I washed my face off as I walked downstairs with my phone, listening to music. I grabbed the dogs collars, well only King's collar because my mother left a note saying she took the husky to show off to her friend, she doesn't even know his name but whatever. I hooked King's leash onto his collar and we made our way outside and started walking down the street. I made sure to stay far away from the woods, but it felt like something was calling me, I somehow found myself in the woods.

Once I realized, I wanted to go back to the house.

" Come on, King." I said as we quickly tried to leave.

" Ariella," A voice said, I stood frozen in shock, not turning to face where I heard the voice. I could be hallucinating.

" Ariella," The voice said, but with a more of a demand tone now.

I turned around and I was met by Marcus.

" Marcus? " I asked confused.

" Yes, " He said again.

" I really need to go," I said, hoping my voice didn't show how scared I was.

" No need to be scared," he said," princess."

" Who said I was scared? " I asked, surprised at how it didn't show.

" Everyone has a fear, my love." He said.. " And I just so happen to know I'm yours." He said and disappeared.

I quickly made my way out of the woods, I kept thinking of the conversation over and over again.

How did he know where to find me in the woods? How did he know I'd even be in the woods? Why did he say he knows he's my fear? Why? Why? Why? I knew the answers to none of those questions.

I let King off of his leash once we got inside, I went upstairs, I was sweaty and I was freaking out.

" Nice talking again.. princess." The text message said that popped up on my screen.

Marcus was the one who's been texting me, but how did he know about what I said to the kid in the parking lot today? I threw my phone someone in the living room and I quickly ran upstairs and shut King & myself in my room.

I took my evening shower and put my pajama's on, I made my way downstairs and I was met with my mom placing Alaska on the ground.

" I'm so glad you're back! I was worried you wouldn't be! " She said as she pulled me into a tight hug.

" You raised me for 18 years, I'm not gonna up and leave because of that, even though I should." I said.

" I know.. What did you think of your parents and siblings? " She asked.

" They're nice. " I said as I watched King and Alaska play.

" Did they give you these dogs? " She asked.

" Yes," I answered as I sat on the couch.

" Can I ask you something? " I asked her as I remembered something from the letter earlier.

" Anything," She said as she took my hands in hers and sat down on the couch with me.

" What did dad mean when he said something about me knowing when Anderson shifted and I didn't? Shifted to what? What does that mean? " I asked and I could feel my mother go hot, she wasn't expected this.

" Honey, I'm home! " My father's voice greeted us as my mother opened her mouth, she was saved. She smiled and dashed towards my father and I stood up as they hugged.

" Come here, baby girl." My father said once my mother was out of his arms.

I hugged him the tightest I've ever hugged anyone.

" Daddy's Home," he mumbled into my hair.

" Arielle, why don't you ask your dad the question you were asking me! " My mom said and dashed out of the room.

" Well then, What was your question? " My dad asked as he got concerned.

" In that letter, you told mom I'd realize when Anderson shifted & I didn't. What does shifted mean? What is Anderson going to shift into? Why won't I shift? " I asked him.

" Alright, Arielle, it's time to give you this talk." He said and led us to the couch.

" Don't freak out," He said. " I won't," I answered quickly.

" Anderson is a werewolf. Your mom & I are too. Anderson will shift into his wolf this week. You won't shift because you didn't get the werewolf gene from your parents, yes your parents are werewolves." He said and I fell onto the ground laughing.

" Oh, you're serious." I said as I sat back down on the couch.

" Werewolves are real? " I asked him.

" Yes," He said.

" And I've been living with some for 18 years? " I asked him.

" Why didn't I get the gene? " I asked him.

" I don't know, you just didn't. "

" Is that normal? " I asked again.

" In some families, yes. " He said.

" What else are real? " I asked him.

" About almost everything you've heard about," he said.

" So fairies are real? " I asked him.

" Only the bad things are real," He said darkly.." but we will protect you." He finished.