Chapter 9

Arielle's p. o. v

" I don't wanna," I told Thanto's as he sat at the opposite end of the couch than I.

" Why not! " He asked, getting quite aggravated.

" I wanna go home," I said as I laid down.

" I'll take you home," He said, I sat up and raised an eyebrow at him," To get your stuff." He finished.

" I'll need 50 days to pack." I said.

" I'll give you one." He said.

" Can I stay at my house one more time tonight? " I asked him, already having a plan.

" Yes. This is the last time." He said as he pulled his phone out.

" What time? " I asked him.

" 30 minutes. You'll have to wear that dress you wore yesterday.." He said not looking up.

I pushed myself off the couch and went upstairs, I quickly changed into my dress and heel. I let my hair down and it was still curly, which I loved.

We drove to my parents house, sadly my parents were not home, but my brother was. I quickly got out of the car and made my way inside. I fell onto my bed as I cried. I then walked into the bathroom and took a shower, I felt disgusting. Once I got out- I put on underwear, black leather pants, a bra, a white thick strap tank top, and my leather jacket. I blow dried and straightened my hair all while I did my makeup.

I grabbed one of my small black backpacks and I stuffed many things in it. I kissed all my animals on the head and I left a note for Andrew in our secret place.

I opened the backdoor of the house and I took off into the woods. I ran for hours, I eventually stopped to take a bite and to drink some water that I packed, but I know it will eventually run out.. I was already dreading it. I came across the pack border. If I crossed it I would be on another packs land. The Black Moon Pack is known for being ruthless, but I can't stay here and be with Thanto's. I've heard stories. The stories I heard I am not ready to talk about.

" Little one," I heard an all too familiar voice.

" Marcus," I said and turned around," Gabriel," I added as I saw him there.

" What are you doing so close to the pack border? " Marcus asked.

" Oh, nothing." I said as I looked at my watch. 1:00 A.M.

" I must say I don't believe you.. Out at 1am.. with a backpack, and standing close to the pack border.. " Marcus said.

" I just can't stay here," I said quickly.

" And why is that? " Gabriel said.

" I have my reasons. Why are you out and about at 1AM? " I switched the question back too them.

" Couldn't sleep," He answered with a straight face.

" Liar," I said.

" No," Gabriel said.

" I wouldn't cross," Marcus said.

" You don't know anything about me. Please, I appreciate this chat, but I need a minute alone to figure this out. " I said as I tried to decide in my mind. I knew my answer.

Gabriel's p. o. v

" Marcus," I said as I saw Arielle standing close to the pack border- as if she was going to cross.

" Yes? " He asked as he came from behind a rock.

" I believe that she's going to cross," I said and pointed to her, Marcus dashed over.

" Little one," He said too her. I made my way over standing beside him.

" Marcus," She said as she turned around," Gabriel," She added once she saw me.

" What are you doing so close to the pack border? " He asked her.

" Oh, nothing." She said as she took a quick look at her watch. It's 1 in the morning.

" I must say that I do not believe you. Out at 1am.. with a backpack, and standing close to the pack border." Marcus pressed her on.

" I just can't stay here," She said quickly.

" And why is that? " Marcus asked her.

" I have my reasons. Why are you out and about at 1 in the morning? " She switched the question back too us.

" Couldn't sleep," Marcus didn't fully sleep.

" Liar," She called us.

" No," I shortly responded too her.

" I wouldn't cross," Marcus added.

" You don't know anything about me. Please, I appreciate this chat, but I need a minute alone to figure this out. " She said as she looked at the ground.

" We'll give you a minute." I said and Marcus and I walked a small bit away, but we couldn't see her.

" I don't understand why she would cross.. what could be so bad? " I asked Marcus.

" I don't know man, I love how she tried to switch the question on us though," Marcus said as he tossed something into the water, you'll find out soon what he tossed into the water.

" Should we go check on her? " I asked him.

" It's only been 34 seconds, she has 26 left." He said as he tossed a rock at the tree, creating a small dent.

" How do you do that? " I asked him, I never understood how he can do that. Marcus is extremely good at math, which I am not.

" I just count. Can you count, Gabriel? " He smirked at me.

" Shut up, Marcus." I rolled my eyes as I tackled him to the ground.

" You know I'll won if I actually tried," He said once we both stood up and dusted off our pants and shirts.

" I bet you can, Marcus. I'm sure you could beat me when cows fly." I said too him as I leaned against the tree.

" It's ' When pigs fly', Gabriel." He laughed.

" Are you sure? I'm pretty sure it's cows? " I crossed my eyebrows in confusion.

" It's pigs," He laughed his ass off, I shoved him on the ground again.

" Quit with the shoving and tackling, quit with the touching or I'll throw you in the water. " Marcus growled.

I rolled my eyes at him.. little diva.

" Times up," He said and started walking back towards Arielle.

She was gone.