Chapter 10

{ Picture of Thanto's above }

Arielle's p. o. v

I ran through the woods, my combat boots being covered in mud.

I ran and ran. I made my decision and I couldn't change it. Not now..

I ran, I checked my clock 2:20. I've been running for an hour, my legs are dying..

No wolf from this pack should be out, I should be fine to take a quick nap. I needed it so bad, my legs are numb. I climbed up into a tree and drunk a whole bottle of water and ate a quick granola bar.

I closed my eyes as I laid against a thick branch, I breathed normal, but then I stopped as I heard a branch crunch and it wasn't because of me, I then saw two wolves walk in, growling as they sniffed the air.

Why are they out? They shouldn't be out. My father informed me that they usually are not out.

" Hey, wolfie." A man said as he came walking out from behind a tree, he winked at me but went back to distracting the wolfs. They growled as they got in their attack stance.

" Will you take me to your alpha? " He asked him, I slid my bag onto my back and got ready to hop down, once they left I hopped down, but then one of those damn wolves came back.

He shifted into a human. A naked human. I covered my eyes and then he took my arm and tugged me towards somewhere. Naked and all. Ew.

" I'm sorry," I blurted.

" Tell that to the Alpha." He simply replied as he threw me into a cell. Next to the stranger who managed to distract one of the wolves.

I got into the corner of the cell and just sat there.

" I'm Vixen. May I ask why you were running? " The stranger, well Vixen, asked me.

" I'm Arielle.. and it's complicated." I said as I looked down at my boots.

" I'm sure I can keep up," He said.

" I ran away from my mate." I mumbled.

" Who's your mate? " He asked me.

" Thanto's." I said and his eyes grew to be the same size as the moon.

" Thanto's Black? " He asked me, which I nodded.

" You're fucked," He said as he fell asleep, leaving me to freak out. What's that suppose to
mean?

" Alpha wants to see you, Arielle." He said my name like a snake. I stood up and followed him. We stopped at a big door. My heart stopped too. " Go on in," The man said and I walked in.

The alpha looked up and then spoke into his phone," I think I've found her." I stood confused as he listened to the person on the other line.

" Okay. See you then," He said and hung up.

" Little run away mate, we have here." He said as he leaned back in his chair and smirked.

" That was Thantos, wasn't it.." I said as I looked down at my shoes.

" Very much so. He's on his way." He said.

" Go ahead and kill me because I know he's going too," I mumbled.

" Thanto's won't hurt you." He said and stood up.

" How do you know? " I said.

" I don't." He said and paused," but he's here." He said and Thanto's came quickly into his office and wrapped his arms around me. I just stood there like a board.

" Thank you, Decimus. " He said.

" Keep her tied up," He joked as Thanto's tossed me over his shoulder and walked out. Having a fucking normal conversation with Decimus? What the hell?

" Thanks for everything," He said.

Thantos p. o. v

I laid in bed all night, I couldn't sleep knowing that my mate was not with me.

Once it struck 9, I got up. My phone was ringing, It was Arielle's parents.

" Arielle's ran away." They yelled into the phone.

I crushed my phone as I drove over to her house. I followed her scent, but it went across the pack border. I couldn't follow without permission because they could kill me if I pleased. I shifted into my wolf and ran home. I started calling all the packs.

I finally reached Alpha Decimus. Alpha of the Black Blood Pack.

" My mate has ran away. She has brown hair, green eyes." I started to list her description off as I have to every other pack that I have called.

" I think I've found her," He said.

" Do I have permission to come onto your land? " I growled as I was so close to my mate.

" You do. See you then." He hung up and I got into my car and I drove faster than I have ever drove. I was their in 20 minutes. The drive is usually 40-50 minutes. I stalked inside and went straight into his office. Shoving every wolf that tried to stop me. Once I walked in, I saw my mate standing there and I couldn't help myself. I wrapped my arms around her. Even if I was mad that she ran away, I couldn't help myself.

" Thank you, Decimus." I said too him.

" Keep her tied up," He joked. I tossed Arielle over my shoulder. She wouldn't move and I'm not in the mood to fight. I continued to talk to Decimus, but once I put Arielle into the car we said our goodbyes and I got into the car.

" Arielle," I said too her. We had to talk.

" I'm sorry." She said with a straight face.

" Why did you run away? " I asked her as I drove down the road.

" I've heard stories. Heartless stories." She mumbled.

" I would never hurt you." I said. I couldn't deny the stories, they're more than likely true.
Arielle didn't reply, she just looked out the window.

" Will you take me home? " She asked me.

" Just to get your clothes and animals. We are then leaving," I told her and the rest of the car ride was very quiet.

She didn't even bother to fight with me.
Good choice because I am not into the mood to fight.