I like the pain

Important A/N at the end. Please read.
=•=

Luke's heart crushed when Ashton pulled Charlie in for a kiss.

It was only on the cheek, but Luke thought he just had something with his dream.

That's all he'd ever be, a dream.

The way Charlie blushed and looked at her husband with such love, Luke felt like a terrible person for even thinking of interfering with their marriage.

He'd known Calum's mum since birth too. His mum and Charlie were great friends. When Luke was six and fell off the playground swings, she was the one to carry him to the hospital because he had dislocated his elbow.

He remembered that she and Calum waited at the hospital with him and afterwards got food together.

Charlie was almost like his other mother, he didn't even want to think of kissing Ashton again. But the problem was that he wanted. He longed to feel the honey blond's lips on his.

Luke cleared his throat and gave a small smile to Ashton who didn't return it. His smile faltered but he announced he was going to the living room.

When he got there, he put on the television and wished his dream was with him right now, cuddled to him on the couch, watching a rerun of Full House.

=•=

"Ash honey, why was Luke crying? Honestly," Charlie asked her husband as Luke hobbled out of the study.

"He was just expressing his feelings," Ashton weakly lied, biting his lip. Charlie raised an eyebrow at him.

"Did you spank him?" She asked

Ashton withdrew from her like she slapped him. He was silent for a few seconds before sighing in defeat.

"How'd you know? I swear it was for a good reason."

"I'm sure," she said sarcastically.

"No, really. He lied," Ashton said.

"That doesn't mean you can spank him. Poor boy could hardly move without wincing," she said watching the doors of the study that Luke walked, more like hobbled out of.

"But he lied," Ashton defended with a pout. He sighed with a guilty conscience thinking of the sweet blond boy on his couch. Charlie would never understand but it still makes him feel horrible, especially with what just happened.

=•=

Charlie left a few minutes later, she'd only pass home to collect something before picking Calum up from practice and Ethan up from music lessons as well as Eliza and Jennifer from singing classes.

Ashton almost felt bad, they have two cars, he could have went and picked some of the kids up but he really wanted to spend time with Luke before he had to return home.

As Charlotte exited, Ashton sat down next to Luke on the sofa.

A re run of some old show was on and Luke was frowning with his arms crossed.

"What's wrong, Luke?" Ashton asked seeing the blond's expression.

"Nothing," Luke murmured.

"Don't lie to me," Ashton warned and Luke flushed at a reminder of what just happened.

Luke sighed but insisted it was nothing. This wasn't even upset about Charlie anymore, but he was upset. He felt like him and Ashton had something going on but he had a wife. Luke felt so stupid to even think that Ashton would leave his wife for him when he clearly loved her so much.